Mar 17, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The force of Griffin coming down (and the fact he’s made out of granite) and Kyrie Irving’s arm going up caused a bicep strain, one that will keep the star point guard out at least two weeks, the team announced Monday. After two weeks Irving will be re-evaluated.
In two weeks there will be just more than two weeks remaining in the season. There are already reports that the Cavaliers will just shut him down for the season.
Which is what they should do. They are 4.5 out of the playoffs and they are not leaping the Knicks and catching the Hawks at this point, Cleveland needs to think draft. Right now they would pick ninth in the upcoming draft and if they can get more ping pong balls for the lottery at this point they should do it.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 11
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 6
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 32
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2