Mar 17, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The force of Griffin coming down (and the fact he’s made out of granite) and Kyrie Irving’s arm going up caused a bicep strain, one that will keep the star point guard out at least two weeks, the team announced Monday. After two weeks Irving will be re-evaluated.
In two weeks there will be just more than two weeks remaining in the season. There are already reports that the Cavaliers will just shut him down for the season.
Which is what they should do. They are 4.5 out of the playoffs and they are not leaping the Knicks and catching the Hawks at this point, Cleveland needs to think draft. Right now they would pick ninth in the upcoming draft and if they can get more ping pong balls for the lottery at this point they should do it.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35