Mar 17, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
The force of Griffin coming down (and the fact he’s made out of granite) and Kyrie Irving’s arm going up caused a bicep strain, one that will keep the star point guard out at least two weeks, the team announced Monday. After two weeks Irving will be re-evaluated.
In two weeks there will be just more than two weeks remaining in the season. There are already reports that the Cavaliers will just shut him down for the season.
Which is what they should do. They are 4.5 out of the playoffs and they are not leaping the Knicks and catching the Hawks at this point, Cleveland needs to think draft. Right now they would pick ninth in the upcoming draft and if they can get more ping pong balls for the lottery at this point they should do it.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14