Mar 17, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
The force of Griffin coming down (and the fact he’s made out of granite) and Kyrie Irving’s arm going up caused a bicep strain, one that will keep the star point guard out at least two weeks, the team announced Monday. After two weeks Irving will be re-evaluated.
In two weeks there will be just more than two weeks remaining in the season. There are already reports that the Cavaliers will just shut him down for the season.
Which is what they should do. They are 4.5 out of the playoffs and they are not leaping the Knicks and catching the Hawks at this point, Cleveland needs to think draft. Right now they would pick ninth in the upcoming draft and if they can get more ping pong balls for the lottery at this point they should do it.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 6
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 2
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 18
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12