Mar 17, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The force of Griffin coming down (and the fact he’s made out of granite) and Kyrie Irving’s arm going up caused a bicep strain, one that will keep the star point guard out at least two weeks, the team announced Monday. After two weeks Irving will be re-evaluated.
In two weeks there will be just more than two weeks remaining in the season. There are already reports that the Cavaliers will just shut him down for the season.
Which is what they should do. They are 4.5 out of the playoffs and they are not leaping the Knicks and catching the Hawks at this point, Cleveland needs to think draft. Right now they would pick ninth in the upcoming draft and if they can get more ping pong balls for the lottery at this point they should do it.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 25
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 26
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27