Mar 17, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
Golden State and Portland are in the packed middle of the Western Conference playoff race, coming into the game the Warriors were the six seed, 2.5 games back of the Trail Blazers. Both teams needed a win and this game had a real playoff feel, with the Trail Blazers leading by 18 and the Warriors fought back.
And it came down to the final plays.
Klay Thompson drained that good look three after Stephen Curry‘s drive and some good ball movement. It left time for Nicolas Batum to get fouled with a shot to tie the game, but a missed free throw ended up making the Thompson three the game winner, 113-112 Golden State.
The win leaves Golden State just 1.5 back and with a shot to jump into the five seed (catching four seed Houston, the three seed, would take some serious help).
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18