Mar 17, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
Golden State and Portland are in the packed middle of the Western Conference playoff race, coming into the game the Warriors were the six seed, 2.5 games back of the Trail Blazers. Both teams needed a win and this game had a real playoff feel, with the Trail Blazers leading by 18 and the Warriors fought back.
And it came down to the final plays.
Klay Thompson drained that good look three after Stephen Curry‘s drive and some good ball movement. It left time for Nicolas Batum to get fouled with a shot to tie the game, but a missed free throw ended up making the Thompson three the game winner, 113-112 Golden State.
The win leaves Golden State just 1.5 back and with a shot to jump into the five seed (catching four seed Houston, the three seed, would take some serious help).
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13