Mar 17, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
In the final minutes of the Clippers blowout win over Cleveland Sunday night, Spencer Hawes got himself ejected, probably so he could get in the shower before everyone else showed up.
The Clippers didn’t need the points, so they sent DeAndre Jordan to the free throw line. The guy shooting 45.3 percent from the stripe this season. The guy other teams intentionally foul (hack-the-DJ). There were good foul shooters like Matt Barnes and Willie Green on the court, but Jordan was already at the free throw line so Doc Rivers let him stay and take it… and Jordan clanked it off the front of the iron. Still, fairly amusing.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9