Mar 17, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
In the final minutes of the Clippers blowout win over Cleveland Sunday night, Spencer Hawes got himself ejected, probably so he could get in the shower before everyone else showed up.
The Clippers didn’t need the points, so they sent DeAndre Jordan to the free throw line. The guy shooting 45.3 percent from the stripe this season. The guy other teams intentionally foul (hack-the-DJ). There were good foul shooters like Matt Barnes and Willie Green on the court, but Jordan was already at the free throw line so Doc Rivers let him stay and take it… and Jordan clanked it off the front of the iron. Still, fairly amusing.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18