Mar 17, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
In the final minutes of the Clippers blowout win over Cleveland Sunday night, Spencer Hawes got himself ejected, probably so he could get in the shower before everyone else showed up.
The Clippers didn’t need the points, so they sent DeAndre Jordan to the free throw line. The guy shooting 45.3 percent from the stripe this season. The guy other teams intentionally foul (hack-the-DJ). There were good foul shooters like Matt Barnes and Willie Green on the court, but Jordan was already at the free throw line so Doc Rivers let him stay and take it… and Jordan clanked it off the front of the iron. Still, fairly amusing.
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 0
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 4
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8