Mar 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
But there’s no doubt, if the draft were re-done, Anthony Davis would remain the No. 1 pick.
Days like Sunday just serve as a reminder why. Here’s a look inside Davis’ historic game:
- 40 – Points Davis scored in the New Orleans Pelicans’ 121-120 overtime win over the Boston Celtics
- 21 – Rebounds Davis grabbed in the game
- 1 – 40-20 games in Pelicans’ franchise history, dating backing to Charlotte
- 2 – 40-20 games NBA-wide in the last 10 years. Dwight Howard had one in 2012.
- 21 – Davis’ age, making him the youngest player with a 40-20 game since Shaquille O’Neal did it at 20 in 1993
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11