Mar 17, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
But there’s no doubt, if the draft were re-done, Anthony Davis would remain the No. 1 pick.
Days like Sunday just serve as a reminder why. Here’s a look inside Davis’ historic game:
- 40 – Points Davis scored in the New Orleans Pelicans’ 121-120 overtime win over the Boston Celtics
- 21 – Rebounds Davis grabbed in the game
- 1 – 40-20 games in Pelicans’ franchise history, dating backing to Charlotte
- 2 – 40-20 games NBA-wide in the last 10 years. Dwight Howard had one in 2012.
- 21 – Davis’ age, making him the youngest player with a 40-20 game since Shaquille O’Neal did it at 20 in 1993
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16