Mar 17, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Andrew Bynum has been back on an NBA court for all of a week, playing in two games, he has averaged 11.5 points and 9.5 rebounds a game. He played 20 minutes Saturday night in Detroit.
That was enough to lead to swelling in his knee, which will keep him out Monday night against the Sixers, coach Frank Vogel announced.
“[He] had some swelling,” Pacers coach Frank Vogel said pregame, “so they did an MRI with him today and we’ll know more in the next couple of days.”
It’s not a big surprise — right now when Bynum is on the court he gives a team some offense and rebounding, a big body but not much else on defense (his recognition and rotations are slow, as you would expect of a guy who has played little in recent years). But he is just not going to be on the court consistently.
“This is what we signed up for,” Vogel said of the situation. “We knew he’s a great player with some problem area knees. He’s going to be in sometimes, he’s going to be out sometimes. We’re fully aware of that and we’ll be excited for whenever we have him in uniform.”
When they need him in uniform is the playoffs.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:29 AM EST
Jan 29, 2015, 12:01 AM EST
Jan 28, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Jan 28, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
This one’s not too bad.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:43 PM EST
Kyrie Irving should have had the NBA Jam announcer calling this game.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:50 PM EST
Jan 28, 2015, 7:50 PM EST
“Softer but not illegal,” Jackson attempted to clarify.
Jan 28, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Cleveland is just 1-8 without LeBron in the lineup this season.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:37 PM EST
Jan 28, 2015, 6:13 PM EST
One may have to work a little harder to find the late night parties in Cleveland.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
Larry Sanders’ suspension allows Milwaukee to add 16th player
Jan 28, 2015, 4:45 PM EST
He is likely bought out if the Celtics can’t find a trade partner.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:59 PM EST
He had a broken wrist.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:08 PM EST
Wiggins also joins three other Timberwolves
Jan 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Jan 28, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Teletovic being released from hospital today
Jan 28, 2015, 1:17 PM EST
Jackson said breaking rule gave New York an edge due to team’s style of play
Jan 28, 2015, 12:42 PM EST
Thunder remain heavy favorites
Jan 28, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
The Raptors are trying to be patient and tap into his potential.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
Mirotic, drafted in 2011, is a darkhorse challenger to Andrew Wiggins for Rookie of the Year
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11