Mar 16, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
The Heat lost to the Rockets less than two weeks ago, so LeBron James came out aggressively in Sunday’s rematch while trying to ensure a different outcome this time.
Midway through the first quarter, James took a no-look pass from Wade and elevated over Dwight Howard before throwing down the vicious slam.
Miami came into this one having lost five of its last six, including consecutive games at home for the first time since 2011. James clearly planned to set the tone early, and finished with 11 points on 4-of-5 shooting in the game’s first 12 minutes.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31