Mar 16, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
The Heat lost to the Rockets less than two weeks ago, so LeBron James came out aggressively in Sunday’s rematch while trying to ensure a different outcome this time.
Midway through the first quarter, James took a no-look pass from Wade and elevated over Dwight Howard before throwing down the vicious slam.
Miami came into this one having lost five of its last six, including consecutive games at home for the first time since 2011. James clearly planned to set the tone early, and finished with 11 points on 4-of-5 shooting in the game’s first 12 minutes.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32