Mar 15, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
How Detroit’s Andre Drummond staggered and went down after this hit, and how he stayed down for several minutes (all the way through the ensuing commercial break not part of the above video), is a little frightening. The medical staff brought out a stretcher but he got up under his own power and was helped back to the locker room.
Drummond will not return to the game after this blow, the team announced. The Pistons said that he will be tested more Sunday for a neck injury.
Drummond was going for a loose ball, as was Indiana’s Roy Hibbert and Paul George. It appears George bumps Drummond from behind and drives him into an inadvertent elbow from Hibbert, but one that catches Drummond pretty cleanly.
Hat tip to Zach Harper of CBSSports.com’s Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31