Mar 15, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
How Detroit’s Andre Drummond staggered and went down after this hit, and how he stayed down for several minutes (all the way through the ensuing commercial break not part of the above video), is a little frightening. The medical staff brought out a stretcher but he got up under his own power and was helped back to the locker room.
Drummond will not return to the game after this blow, the team announced. The Pistons said that he will be tested more Sunday for a neck injury.
Drummond was going for a loose ball, as was Indiana’s Roy Hibbert and Paul George. It appears George bumps Drummond from behind and drives him into an inadvertent elbow from Hibbert, but one that catches Drummond pretty cleanly.
Hat tip to Zach Harper of CBSSports.com’s Eye on Basketball for the video.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8