Mar 15, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
How Detroit’s Andre Drummond staggered and went down after this hit, and how he stayed down for several minutes (all the way through the ensuing commercial break not part of the above video), is a little frightening. The medical staff brought out a stretcher but he got up under his own power and was helped back to the locker room.
Drummond will not return to the game after this blow, the team announced. The Pistons said that he will be tested more Sunday for a neck injury.
Drummond was going for a loose ball, as was Indiana’s Roy Hibbert and Paul George. It appears George bumps Drummond from behind and drives him into an inadvertent elbow from Hibbert, but one that catches Drummond pretty cleanly.
Hat tip to Zach Harper of CBSSports.com’s Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16