Mar 15, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
How Detroit’s Andre Drummond staggered and went down after this hit, and how he stayed down for several minutes (all the way through the ensuing commercial break not part of the above video), is a little frightening. The medical staff brought out a stretcher but he got up under his own power and was helped back to the locker room.
Drummond will not return to the game after this blow, the team announced. The Pistons said that he will be tested more Sunday for a neck injury.
Drummond was going for a loose ball, as was Indiana’s Roy Hibbert and Paul George. It appears George bumps Drummond from behind and drives him into an inadvertent elbow from Hibbert, but one that catches Drummond pretty cleanly.
Hat tip to Zach Harper of CBSSports.com’s Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10