Mar 15, 2014, 8:59 PM EST
How Detroit’s Andre Drummond staggered and went down after this hit, and how he stayed down for several minutes (all the way through the ensuing commercial break not part of the above video), is a little frightening. The medical staff brought out a stretcher but he got up under his own power and was helped back to the locker room.
Drummond will not return to the game after this blow, the team announced. The Pistons said that he will be tested more Sunday for a neck injury.
Drummond was going for a loose ball, as was Indiana’s Roy Hibbert and Paul George. It appears George bumps Drummond from behind and drives him into an inadvertent elbow from Hibbert, but one that catches Drummond pretty cleanly.
Hat tip to Zach Harper of CBSSports.com’s Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18