Mar 14, 2014, 3:16 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while applying for maybe the best journalism job out there….
Mike Dunleavy, Chicago Bulls. Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry. Dunleavy had no points in the first half before Chandler Parsons caught Dunleavy just above the eye with an elbow, bloodied his face and sent him to the locker room for 10 stitches. That just pissed Dunleavy off. He came out and scored 18 points in the third quarter, sparking a 16-0 Bulls run to start the period that blew the game wide open. Dunleavy finished the game with 21, best on the Bulls.
Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta needs wins because the suddenly hot Knicks won five in a row and in the East that means you’re in the playoff race. Atlanta picked up one of those wins against the lowly Bucks Thursday night in what turned out to be the best game of the night (102-97) and Teague had 22 points on 10 shots. Plus he had a big dunk for the dagger. If you’re wondering why he got a “B” ask him about the 7 turnovers. Still a solid night.
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder. If you can’t have a good night against the guys the Lakers roll out as guards at this point, you probably can’t have a good night in the NBA. Westbrook made a steal and dunked on the game’s opening play and that pretty much set the tone for the OKC rout of the Lakers. Westbrook finished with 29 points on the night, his athleticism just overwhelming the Lakers.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2