Mar 14, 2014, 3:16 AM EST
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while applying for maybe the best journalism job out there….
Mike Dunleavy, Chicago Bulls. Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry. Dunleavy had no points in the first half before Chandler Parsons caught Dunleavy just above the eye with an elbow, bloodied his face and sent him to the locker room for 10 stitches. That just pissed Dunleavy off. He came out and scored 18 points in the third quarter, sparking a 16-0 Bulls run to start the period that blew the game wide open. Dunleavy finished the game with 21, best on the Bulls.
Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta needs wins because the suddenly hot Knicks won five in a row and in the East that means you’re in the playoff race. Atlanta picked up one of those wins against the lowly Bucks Thursday night in what turned out to be the best game of the night (102-97) and Teague had 22 points on 10 shots. Plus he had a big dunk for the dagger. If you’re wondering why he got a “B” ask him about the 7 turnovers. Still a solid night.
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder. If you can’t have a good night against the guys the Lakers roll out as guards at this point, you probably can’t have a good night in the NBA. Westbrook made a steal and dunked on the game’s opening play and that pretty much set the tone for the OKC rout of the Lakers. Westbrook finished with 29 points on the night, his athleticism just overwhelming the Lakers.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45