Mar 14, 2014, 3:16 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while applying for maybe the best journalism job out there….
Mike Dunleavy, Chicago Bulls. Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry. Dunleavy had no points in the first half before Chandler Parsons caught Dunleavy just above the eye with an elbow, bloodied his face and sent him to the locker room for 10 stitches. That just pissed Dunleavy off. He came out and scored 18 points in the third quarter, sparking a 16-0 Bulls run to start the period that blew the game wide open. Dunleavy finished the game with 21, best on the Bulls.
Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta needs wins because the suddenly hot Knicks won five in a row and in the East that means you’re in the playoff race. Atlanta picked up one of those wins against the lowly Bucks Thursday night in what turned out to be the best game of the night (102-97) and Teague had 22 points on 10 shots. Plus he had a big dunk for the dagger. If you’re wondering why he got a “B” ask him about the 7 turnovers. Still a solid night.
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder. If you can’t have a good night against the guys the Lakers roll out as guards at this point, you probably can’t have a good night in the NBA. Westbrook made a steal and dunked on the game’s opening play and that pretty much set the tone for the OKC rout of the Lakers. Westbrook finished with 29 points on the night, his athleticism just overwhelming the Lakers.
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 6
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 12
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 10
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5