Mar 14, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
With the Nets being the superior team at the moment, currently riding a little win streak that has them holding down the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference standings, Pierce had no desire to give any shine to the Knicks, who have been dominating headlines this week with the reports of them signing Phil Jackson to a prominent front office position.
Asked Paul Pierce for his reaction to Phil Jax joining the Knicks: “I don’t talk about the Knicks. No Knicks questions. Ever.”
— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) March 14, 2014
If you expected a different response, maybe one that included a well-thought-out statement on what Jackson might bring to the floundering franchise, then you haven’t been paying attention.
He’s not going to change now, and I’m sure if you ask his teammates, they’ll tell you that Pierce’s mental state seems to be in just the right place.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47