Mar 14, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
With the Nets being the superior team at the moment, currently riding a little win streak that has them holding down the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference standings, Pierce had no desire to give any shine to the Knicks, who have been dominating headlines this week with the reports of them signing Phil Jackson to a prominent front office position.
Asked Paul Pierce for his reaction to Phil Jax joining the Knicks: “I don’t talk about the Knicks. No Knicks questions. Ever.”
— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) March 14, 2014
If you expected a different response, maybe one that included a well-thought-out statement on what Jackson might bring to the floundering franchise, then you haven’t been paying attention.
He’s not going to change now, and I’m sure if you ask his teammates, they’ll tell you that Pierce’s mental state seems to be in just the right place.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19