Mar 14, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
With the Nets being the superior team at the moment, currently riding a little win streak that has them holding down the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference standings, Pierce had no desire to give any shine to the Knicks, who have been dominating headlines this week with the reports of them signing Phil Jackson to a prominent front office position.
Asked Paul Pierce for his reaction to Phil Jax joining the Knicks: “I don’t talk about the Knicks. No Knicks questions. Ever.”
— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) March 14, 2014
If you expected a different response, maybe one that included a well-thought-out statement on what Jackson might bring to the floundering franchise, then you haven’t been paying attention.
He’s not going to change now, and I’m sure if you ask his teammates, they’ll tell you that Pierce’s mental state seems to be in just the right place.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 5
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7