Mar 14, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
With the Nets being the superior team at the moment, currently riding a little win streak that has them holding down the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference standings, Pierce had no desire to give any shine to the Knicks, who have been dominating headlines this week with the reports of them signing Phil Jackson to a prominent front office position.
Asked Paul Pierce for his reaction to Phil Jax joining the Knicks: “I don’t talk about the Knicks. No Knicks questions. Ever.”
— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) March 14, 2014
If you expected a different response, maybe one that included a well-thought-out statement on what Jackson might bring to the floundering franchise, then you haven’t been paying attention.
He’s not going to change now, and I’m sure if you ask his teammates, they’ll tell you that Pierce’s mental state seems to be in just the right place.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 19
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7