Mar 14, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
With the Nets being the superior team at the moment, currently riding a little win streak that has them holding down the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference standings, Pierce had no desire to give any shine to the Knicks, who have been dominating headlines this week with the reports of them signing Phil Jackson to a prominent front office position.
Asked Paul Pierce for his reaction to Phil Jax joining the Knicks: “I don’t talk about the Knicks. No Knicks questions. Ever.”
— Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) March 14, 2014
If you expected a different response, maybe one that included a well-thought-out statement on what Jackson might bring to the floundering franchise, then you haven’t been paying attention.
He’s not going to change now, and I’m sure if you ask his teammates, they’ll tell you that Pierce’s mental state seems to be in just the right place.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 0
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 18
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28