Mar 14, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
But with the Hawks playing better than expected for rookie coach Mike Budenholzer — thanks to an All-Star year from Paul Millsap — Atlanta is going to be a playoff team (barring an utter collapse while the suddenly hot Knicks keep it going, the combination of which is not likely). With Horford Atlanta was the third best team in the East, could he return for the postseason?
“No. I think it would be hard. This injury, honestly, was a little more severe than the other (time he had the same injury),” he explained Thursday in his first meeting with reporters since the injury. “And it’s my right side, shooting arm, and I need to feel 100 percent confident with it, so I think it’s going to be a little bit slower.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $90,000 Fantasy Basketball league forFriday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
If you’re looking for a positive spin, Horford could come back a better player.
“I’ve always neglected and hated using my left hand . . . so I think this is going to really challenge me to work on that,” he said. “It’s a big challenge but I’m up for it.”
It will just be next season before we see that left hand.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4