Mar 14, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
But with the Hawks playing better than expected for rookie coach Mike Budenholzer — thanks to an All-Star year from Paul Millsap — Atlanta is going to be a playoff team (barring an utter collapse while the suddenly hot Knicks keep it going, the combination of which is not likely). With Horford Atlanta was the third best team in the East, could he return for the postseason?
“No. I think it would be hard. This injury, honestly, was a little more severe than the other (time he had the same injury),” he explained Thursday in his first meeting with reporters since the injury. “And it’s my right side, shooting arm, and I need to feel 100 percent confident with it, so I think it’s going to be a little bit slower.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $90,000 Fantasy Basketball league forFriday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
If you’re looking for a positive spin, Horford could come back a better player.
“I’ve always neglected and hated using my left hand . . . so I think this is going to really challenge me to work on that,” he said. “It’s a big challenge but I’m up for it.”
It will just be next season before we see that left hand.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 0
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 34
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 37
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69