Mar 13, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Evan Turner played his way out of the NBA cellar before the trade deadline. Apparently, the only question was which championship contender he’d join.
The Pacers traded for Turner, but reportedly he could have been a Spur.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
It emerged shortly after trade deadline that San Antonio tried hard to make deadline-day play for Evan Turner. Funny how things work out—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) March 12, 2014
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.If I were Turner’s agent, I wouldn’t shut up about this. Two of the NBA’s most savvy front offices tried to trade for Turner. I’d play that up big this summer when he becomes a free agent.
Though trading for a player on an expiring contract is quite different than signing him to a multi-year deal, these teams coveting Tuner should still boost the perception of him.
I just wouldn’t mention that the 76ers had to lower their asking price for him.f
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 0
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 15
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32