Mar 13, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Evan Turner played his way out of the NBA cellar before the trade deadline. Apparently, the only question was which championship contender he’d join.
The Pacers traded for Turner, but reportedly he could have been a Spur.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.If I were Turner’s agent, I wouldn’t shut up about this. Two of the NBA’s most savvy front offices tried to trade for Turner. I’d play that up big this summer when he becomes a free agent.
Though trading for a player on an expiring contract is quite different than signing him to a multi-year deal, these teams coveting Tuner should still boost the perception of him.
I just wouldn’t mention that the 76ers had to lower their asking price for him.f
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 17
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 91
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17