Mar 13, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Evan Turner played his way out of the NBA cellar before the trade deadline. Apparently, the only question was which championship contender he’d join.
The Pacers traded for Turner, but reportedly he could have been a Spur.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
It emerged shortly after trade deadline that San Antonio tried hard to make deadline-day play for Evan Turner. Funny how things work out—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) March 12, 2014
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.If I were Turner’s agent, I wouldn’t shut up about this. Two of the NBA’s most savvy front offices tried to trade for Turner. I’d play that up big this summer when he becomes a free agent.
Though trading for a player on an expiring contract is quite different than signing him to a multi-year deal, these teams coveting Tuner should still boost the perception of him.
I just wouldn’t mention that the 76ers had to lower their asking price for him.f
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 10
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 84
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4