Mar 13, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Evan Turner played his way out of the NBA cellar before the trade deadline. Apparently, the only question was which championship contender he’d join.
The Pacers traded for Turner, but reportedly he could have been a Spur.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.If I were Turner’s agent, I wouldn’t shut up about this. Two of the NBA’s most savvy front offices tried to trade for Turner. I’d play that up big this summer when he becomes a free agent.
Though trading for a player on an expiring contract is quite different than signing him to a multi-year deal, these teams coveting Tuner should still boost the perception of him.
I just wouldn’t mention that the 76ers had to lower their asking price for him.f
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6