Mar 13, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Even with three days off before his team’s next game, however, Bynum is going to be held out on Friday — a game that’ll be played in Philadelphia, where Bynum spent all of last season recovering from injuries while never once taking the floor for the Sixers.
At today’s practice, Coach Vogel said Andrew Bynum will sit tomorrow against the Sixers and is expected to play Saturday in Detroit.
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) March 13, 2014
The plan was never for Bynum to play in back-to-back contests, and with a game on Saturday against a Pistons team that features two solid big men in Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, it makes sense to sit him against a Sixers team that has lost 18 straight games.
Besides, it isn’t as though the fans in Philly didn’t have their chance to vent a little at Bynum when he returned as a member of a different team. Earlier this season while Bynum was with the Cavaliers, the boos rained down as expected.
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 1
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 3
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2