Mar 13, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Even with three days off before his team’s next game, however, Bynum is going to be held out on Friday — a game that’ll be played in Philadelphia, where Bynum spent all of last season recovering from injuries while never once taking the floor for the Sixers.
At today’s practice, Coach Vogel said Andrew Bynum will sit tomorrow against the Sixers and is expected to play Saturday in Detroit.
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) March 13, 2014
The plan was never for Bynum to play in back-to-back contests, and with a game on Saturday against a Pistons team that features two solid big men in Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, it makes sense to sit him against a Sixers team that has lost 18 straight games.
Besides, it isn’t as though the fans in Philly didn’t have their chance to vent a little at Bynum when he returned as a member of a different team. Earlier this season while Bynum was with the Cavaliers, the boos rained down as expected.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34