Mar 13, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Even with three days off before his team’s next game, however, Bynum is going to be held out on Friday — a game that’ll be played in Philadelphia, where Bynum spent all of last season recovering from injuries while never once taking the floor for the Sixers.
At today’s practice, Coach Vogel said Andrew Bynum will sit tomorrow against the Sixers and is expected to play Saturday in Detroit.
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) March 13, 2014
The plan was never for Bynum to play in back-to-back contests, and with a game on Saturday against a Pistons team that features two solid big men in Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, it makes sense to sit him against a Sixers team that has lost 18 straight games.
Besides, it isn’t as though the fans in Philly didn’t have their chance to vent a little at Bynum when he returned as a member of a different team. Earlier this season while Bynum was with the Cavaliers, the boos rained down as expected.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42