Mar 13, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Even with three days off before his team’s next game, however, Bynum is going to be held out on Friday — a game that’ll be played in Philadelphia, where Bynum spent all of last season recovering from injuries while never once taking the floor for the Sixers.
At today’s practice, Coach Vogel said Andrew Bynum will sit tomorrow against the Sixers and is expected to play Saturday in Detroit.
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) March 13, 2014
The plan was never for Bynum to play in back-to-back contests, and with a game on Saturday against a Pistons team that features two solid big men in Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, it makes sense to sit him against a Sixers team that has lost 18 straight games.
Besides, it isn’t as though the fans in Philly didn’t have their chance to vent a little at Bynum when he returned as a member of a different team. Earlier this season while Bynum was with the Cavaliers, the boos rained down as expected.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36