Mar 13, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Even with three days off before his team’s next game, however, Bynum is going to be held out on Friday — a game that’ll be played in Philadelphia, where Bynum spent all of last season recovering from injuries while never once taking the floor for the Sixers.
At today’s practice, Coach Vogel said Andrew Bynum will sit tomorrow against the Sixers and is expected to play Saturday in Detroit.
— Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) March 13, 2014
The plan was never for Bynum to play in back-to-back contests, and with a game on Saturday against a Pistons team that features two solid big men in Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe, it makes sense to sit him against a Sixers team that has lost 18 straight games.
Besides, it isn’t as though the fans in Philly didn’t have their chance to vent a little at Bynum when he returned as a member of a different team. Earlier this season while Bynum was with the Cavaliers, the boos rained down as expected.
- What kind of coach is Chicago getting with Fred Hoiberg? 1
- PBT Extra: Finals preview, how good are new and improved Cavaliers? 7
- Shaq would take Kobe Bryant over LeBron James because of “killer instinct” 72
- PBT Podcast: NBA Finals breakdown, predictions 4
- Cavaliers rate well when adjusting for playoff rotations. Warriors rate better 1
- LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry: More than meets the eye 18
- Kevin Love on if he plans to play next season for the Cavaliers: “Yes, sir” 27
- Pelicans will play faster, lean on Anthony Davis more under Alvin Gentry 18