Mar 13, 2014, 10:44 AM EST
A month and a half ago, Magic Johnson pledged to stop complaining about the Lakers.
He’s almost kind of sort of barely maybe trying to live up to that.
Magic might as well have started that tweet with “No offense, but…”
Starting a message with expressing your love for someone doesn’t excuse complaining about their work directly after. The Busses haven’t hired Phil Jackson, and therefore, Magic is implicitly critiquing how they’ve handled the situation.
And for what?
Jackson is almost certainly headed to the Knicks. Is Magic trying to make a last-ditch effort to get the Zen Master to the Lakers? If so, will tweeting about really make it more likely to happen?
Magic is just creating divisions (or widening existing ones) and seeking attention – exactly what he pledged to stop doing.
Kobe Bryant isn’t happy with the Lakers, either, but he never promised to play good solider. The Lakers should have known they’d be exposing themselves to Kobe’s critiques when they gave him a contract extension during one of the worst seasons in franchise history.
I’m not sure what they can do about Magic’s burns, besides take them and hope the relationship eventually heals.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30