Mar 13, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
With the Bobcats clinging to a three-point lead over the Wizards midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday, Kemba Walker rose for a corner 3-pointer. John Wall appeared to contest the shot cleanly, but the refs called a foul.
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream,” Wall said. “The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
Walker made all four free throws – an extra, because Wizards coach Randy Wittman got a technical foul – to make Charlotte’s lead seven. Wall drew a foul on the other end, but he missed both free throws. The Bobcats pushed the run to 11-0, essentially icing the game.Charlotte is a solid and pesky team and already had the lead. I doubt the Wizards would have won this game regardless of their little meltdown.But they’ve fallen to sixth in the Eastern Conference, and although they have a 2.5 game lead over the Bobcats to avoid a first-round series with the Heat or Pacers, the Wizards are running out of time to make a run for the fourth seed and homecourt advantage in the first round. It’s time for Wall, their leader, to get them re-focused. First, though, he’ll have to get himself re-focused.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8