Mar 13, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
With the Bobcats clinging to a three-point lead over the Wizards midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday, Kemba Walker rose for a corner 3-pointer. John Wall appeared to contest the shot cleanly, but the refs called a foul.
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream,” Wall said. “The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
Walker made all four free throws – an extra, because Wizards coach Randy Wittman got a technical foul – to make Charlotte’s lead seven. Wall drew a foul on the other end, but he missed both free throws. The Bobcats pushed the run to 11-0, essentially icing the game.Charlotte is a solid and pesky team and already had the lead. I doubt the Wizards would have won this game regardless of their little meltdown.But they’ve fallen to sixth in the Eastern Conference, and although they have a 2.5 game lead over the Bobcats to avoid a first-round series with the Heat or Pacers, the Wizards are running out of time to make a run for the fourth seed and homecourt advantage in the first round. It’s time for Wall, their leader, to get them re-focused. First, though, he’ll have to get himself re-focused.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85