Mar 13, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
With the Bobcats clinging to a three-point lead over the Wizards midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday, Kemba Walker rose for a corner 3-pointer. John Wall appeared to contest the shot cleanly, but the refs called a foul.
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream,” Wall said. “The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
Walker made all four free throws – an extra, because Wizards coach Randy Wittman got a technical foul – to make Charlotte’s lead seven. Wall drew a foul on the other end, but he missed both free throws. The Bobcats pushed the run to 11-0, essentially icing the game.Charlotte is a solid and pesky team and already had the lead. I doubt the Wizards would have won this game regardless of their little meltdown.But they’ve fallen to sixth in the Eastern Conference, and although they have a 2.5 game lead over the Bobcats to avoid a first-round series with the Heat or Pacers, the Wizards are running out of time to make a run for the fourth seed and homecourt advantage in the first round. It’s time for Wall, their leader, to get them re-focused. First, though, he’ll have to get himself re-focused.
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 0
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24