Mar 13, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
With the Bobcats clinging to a three-point lead over the Wizards midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday, Kemba Walker rose for a corner 3-pointer. John Wall appeared to contest the shot cleanly, but the refs called a foul.
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream,” Wall said. “The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
Walker made all four free throws – an extra, because Wizards coach Randy Wittman got a technical foul – to make Charlotte’s lead seven. Wall drew a foul on the other end, but he missed both free throws. The Bobcats pushed the run to 11-0, essentially icing the game.Charlotte is a solid and pesky team and already had the lead. I doubt the Wizards would have won this game regardless of their little meltdown.But they’ve fallen to sixth in the Eastern Conference, and although they have a 2.5 game lead over the Bobcats to avoid a first-round series with the Heat or Pacers, the Wizards are running out of time to make a run for the fourth seed and homecourt advantage in the first round. It’s time for Wall, their leader, to get them re-focused. First, though, he’ll have to get himself re-focused.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36