Mar 13, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
With the Bobcats clinging to a three-point lead over the Wizards midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday, Kemba Walker rose for a corner 3-pointer. John Wall appeared to contest the shot cleanly, but the refs called a foul.
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream,” Wall said. “The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
Walker made all four free throws – an extra, because Wizards coach Randy Wittman got a technical foul – to make Charlotte’s lead seven. Wall drew a foul on the other end, but he missed both free throws. The Bobcats pushed the run to 11-0, essentially icing the game.Charlotte is a solid and pesky team and already had the lead. I doubt the Wizards would have won this game regardless of their little meltdown.But they’ve fallen to sixth in the Eastern Conference, and although they have a 2.5 game lead over the Bobcats to avoid a first-round series with the Heat or Pacers, the Wizards are running out of time to make a run for the fourth seed and homecourt advantage in the first round. It’s time for Wall, their leader, to get them re-focused. First, though, he’ll have to get himself re-focused.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3