Mar 13, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream. The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
That was from John Wall talking about Kemba Walker after the Bobcats beat the Wizards Wednesday night.
The league is not fond of people questioning their officials’ integrity (regardless of cause) and on Thursday came down with a $15,000 fine for “directing inappropriate comments towards the officials.”
With its win Charlotte is 2.5 games back of Washington for the sixth seed in the East — the seven seed gets routed by the Heat or Pacers, the sixth seed gets a chance to advance against Toronto or Chicago (most likely). That game mattered to the Bobcats.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 15
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6