Mar 13, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream. The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
That was from John Wall talking about Kemba Walker after the Bobcats beat the Wizards Wednesday night.
The league is not fond of people questioning their officials’ integrity (regardless of cause) and on Thursday came down with a $15,000 fine for “directing inappropriate comments towards the officials.”
With its win Charlotte is 2.5 games back of Washington for the sixth seed in the East — the seven seed gets routed by the Heat or Pacers, the sixth seed gets a chance to advance against Toronto or Chicago (most likely). That game mattered to the Bobcats.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8