Mar 13, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream. The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
That was from John Wall talking about Kemba Walker after the Bobcats beat the Wizards Wednesday night.
The league is not fond of people questioning their officials’ integrity (regardless of cause) and on Thursday came down with a $15,000 fine for “directing inappropriate comments towards the officials.”
With its win Charlotte is 2.5 games back of Washington for the sixth seed in the East — the seven seed gets routed by the Heat or Pacers, the sixth seed gets a chance to advance against Toronto or Chicago (most likely). That game mattered to the Bobcats.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28