Mar 13, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream. The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
That was from John Wall talking about Kemba Walker after the Bobcats beat the Wizards Wednesday night.
The league is not fond of people questioning their officials’ integrity (regardless of cause) and on Thursday came down with a $15,000 fine for “directing inappropriate comments towards the officials.”
With its win Charlotte is 2.5 games back of Washington for the sixth seed in the East — the seven seed gets routed by the Heat or Pacers, the sixth seed gets a chance to advance against Toronto or Chicago (most likely). That game mattered to the Bobcats.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0