Mar 13, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
“I didn’t touch him. All he did was scream. The ref gave him calls all night because he was screaming.”
That was from John Wall talking about Kemba Walker after the Bobcats beat the Wizards Wednesday night.
The league is not fond of people questioning their officials’ integrity (regardless of cause) and on Thursday came down with a $15,000 fine for “directing inappropriate comments towards the officials.”
With its win Charlotte is 2.5 games back of Washington for the sixth seed in the East — the seven seed gets routed by the Heat or Pacers, the sixth seed gets a chance to advance against Toronto or Chicago (most likely). That game mattered to the Bobcats.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 8
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 17
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34