Mar 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Add Jermaine O’Neal to the list of Warriors who’ve feuded with Griffin.
O’Neal got a technical foul for jawing with Griffin in the fourth quarter of Wednesday’s Warriors-Clippers game, and O’Neal didn’t let the issue die there.
Golden State Warriors forward Jermaine O’Neal confronted forward Blake Griffin in the hallway outside the Los Angeles Clippers’ locker room at Staples Center after L.A.’s 111-98 win Wednesday night.
The two had a heated conversation that was quickly broken up by a Clippers official who led Griffin to the adjacent news conference room.
O’Neal, 35, had dressed and was waiting outside the Clippers’ locker room to talk to Griffin.
Griffin, who was walking to the news conference room to take questions from reporters, could be heard telling O’Neal to “leave that s— on the court” before the two were separated and briefly shook hands.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Unfortunately, Wednesday was the last scheduled meeting between the Warriors and Clippers. But if the season ended today, they’d meet in a first-round series.
At this point, it’d be a shame if we don’t got a Warriors-Clippers playoff matchup.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8