Mar 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Add Jermaine O’Neal to the list of Warriors who’ve feuded with Griffin.
O’Neal got a technical foul for jawing with Griffin in the fourth quarter of Wednesday’s Warriors-Clippers game, and O’Neal didn’t let the issue die there.
Golden State Warriors forward Jermaine O’Neal confronted forward Blake Griffin in the hallway outside the Los Angeles Clippers’ locker room at Staples Center after L.A.’s 111-98 win Wednesday night.
The two had a heated conversation that was quickly broken up by a Clippers official who led Griffin to the adjacent news conference room.
O’Neal, 35, had dressed and was waiting outside the Clippers’ locker room to talk to Griffin.
Griffin, who was walking to the news conference room to take questions from reporters, could be heard telling O’Neal to “leave that s— on the court” before the two were separated and briefly shook hands.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Unfortunately, Wednesday was the last scheduled meeting between the Warriors and Clippers. But if the season ended today, they’d meet in a first-round series.
At this point, it’d be a shame if we don’t got a Warriors-Clippers playoff matchup.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15