Mar 13, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
Underrated moment at the the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference: Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck and Kings owner Vivek Ranadive were on a panel together, and Ranadive basically accused Boston of tanking.
“And what are you doing?” Grousbeck jabbed back.
Tanking doesn’t exist (says Adam Silver), but if it did (it does), Grousbeck is having a lot of fun with it.
I really hope the Celtics land a top-three pick and select Wiggins now. I don’t believe the lottery conspiracy theories, but I sure enjoy them, and this would only fuel them.
Who cares whether Grousbeck was joking? (He was.) It’s much more fun to assume this is all part of some illuminati plot to place Wiggins in Boston.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13