Mar 13, 2014, 12:15 PM EST
Underrated moment at the the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference: Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck and Kings owner Vivek Ranadive were on a panel together, and Ranadive basically accused Boston of tanking.
“And what are you doing?” Grousbeck jabbed back.
Tanking doesn’t exist (says Adam Silver), but if it did (it does), Grousbeck is having a lot of fun with it.
I really hope the Celtics land a top-three pick and select Wiggins now. I don’t believe the lottery conspiracy theories, but I sure enjoy them, and this would only fuel them.
Who cares whether Grousbeck was joking? (He was.) It’s much more fun to assume this is all part of some illuminati plot to place Wiggins in Boston.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 6
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 8
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31