Mar 13, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Underrated moment at the the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference: Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck and Kings owner Vivek Ranadive were on a panel together, and Ranadive basically accused Boston of tanking.
“And what are you doing?” Grousbeck jabbed back.
Tanking doesn’t exist (says Adam Silver), but if it did (it does), Grousbeck is having a lot of fun with it.
NBA commish Adam Silver, speaking at BC event, notes two Canadians on Celtics roster. C's owner Wyc Grousbeck shouts, "Wiggins next year."—
Kevin Armstrong (@KevinGArmstrong) March 12, 2014
I really hope the Celtics land a top-three pick and select Wiggins now. I don’t believe the lottery conspiracy theories, but I sure enjoy them, and this would only fuel them.
Who cares whether Grousbeck was joking? (He was.) It’s much more fun to assume this is all part of some illuminati plot to place Wiggins in Boston.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 6
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34