Mar 13, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Underrated moment at the the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference: Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck and Kings owner Vivek Ranadive were on a panel together, and Ranadive basically accused Boston of tanking.
“And what are you doing?” Grousbeck jabbed back.
Tanking doesn’t exist (says Adam Silver), but if it did (it does), Grousbeck is having a lot of fun with it.
NBA commish Adam Silver, speaking at BC event, notes two Canadians on Celtics roster. C's owner Wyc Grousbeck shouts, "Wiggins next year."—
Kevin Armstrong (@KevinGArmstrong) March 12, 2014
I really hope the Celtics land a top-three pick and select Wiggins now. I don’t believe the lottery conspiracy theories, but I sure enjoy them, and this would only fuel them.
Who cares whether Grousbeck was joking? (He was.) It’s much more fun to assume this is all part of some illuminati plot to place Wiggins in Boston.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 14
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43