Mar 13, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Underrated moment at the the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference: Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck and Kings owner Vivek Ranadive were on a panel together, and Ranadive basically accused Boston of tanking.
“And what are you doing?” Grousbeck jabbed back.
Tanking doesn’t exist (says Adam Silver), but if it did (it does), Grousbeck is having a lot of fun with it.
NBA commish Adam Silver, speaking at BC event, notes two Canadians on Celtics roster. C's owner Wyc Grousbeck shouts, "Wiggins next year."—
Kevin Armstrong (@KevinGArmstrong) March 12, 2014
I really hope the Celtics land a top-three pick and select Wiggins now. I don’t believe the lottery conspiracy theories, but I sure enjoy them, and this would only fuel them.
Who cares whether Grousbeck was joking? (He was.) It’s much more fun to assume this is all part of some illuminati plot to place Wiggins in Boston.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23