Mar 13, 2014, 2:46 PM EST
Considering how hard this fall was the Trail Blazers are lucky the injury wasn’t worse. At least nothing is broken.
However, LaMarcus Aldridge will be out at least two games, the team announced Thursday.
Those first two games are at New Orleans on Friday then hosting Golden State on Sunday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
In addition, there is this:
Portland has lost four in a row and are 7-9 in their last 16, which has knocked them out of the top four in the West (no home court in the first round). Portland’s offense has slipped in the last month and being without Aldridge and Williams is not going to help matters at all.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 18
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6