Mar 13, 2014, 2:46 PM EST
Considering how hard this fall was the Trail Blazers are lucky the injury wasn’t worse. At least nothing is broken.
However, LaMarcus Aldridge will be out at least two games, the team announced Thursday.
Those first two games are at New Orleans on Friday then hosting Golden State on Sunday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
In addition, there is this:
Portland has lost four in a row and are 7-9 in their last 16, which has knocked them out of the top four in the West (no home court in the first round). Portland’s offense has slipped in the last month and being without Aldridge and Williams is not going to help matters at all.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6