Mar 12, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Memphis grinds, they defend, they make the game ugly and throw you off your game. That is how they won 6-of-7 and vaulted into the Western Conference playoff picture.
But they can make shots when they need to. Mike Conley did that for the game winner against the Pelicans on Wednesday night — he came off the pick and I’d say split the double but there wasn’t much of a double to split, got in the lane and drained the game winner.
Geoff Calkins of the Commercial Appeal had my favorite thought on this:
But whoever will take the final shot without Rudy Gay in the lineup?—
Geoff Calkins (@geoff_calkins) March 13, 2014
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16