Mar 12, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Memphis grinds, they defend, they make the game ugly and throw you off your game. That is how they won 6-of-7 and vaulted into the Western Conference playoff picture.
But they can make shots when they need to. Mike Conley did that for the game winner against the Pelicans on Wednesday night — he came off the pick and I’d say split the double but there wasn’t much of a double to split, got in the lane and drained the game winner.
Geoff Calkins of the Commercial Appeal had my favorite thought on this:
But whoever will take the final shot without Rudy Gay in the lineup?—
Geoff Calkins (@geoff_calkins) March 13, 2014
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 15
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 39
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64