Mar 12, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
But I’ve also grown to appreciate Heat sideline reporter Jason Jackson.
Through all the Heat’s video-bombing, Jackson keeps hitting the right notes. As someone who’s interviewed professional athletes while they’re clowning with each other, I realize how difficult it is to know exactly when to keep going and when to step back, and I’ve never had to do it on live television. Jackson repeatedly gets through it.
After this excruciating three-minute “interview” with Chris Anderson, though, I bet Jackson longs for having to deal with just video bombs.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $110,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $12,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34