Chris Andersen makes post-game interview excruciatingly awkward

Mar 12, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT

As I’ve watched the Miami Heat excel these last few years, I’ve gained an appreciation for how LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, et al. play the game of basketball.

But I’ve also grown to appreciate Heat sideline reporter Jason Jackson.

Through all the Heat’s video-bombing, Jackson keeps hitting the right notes. As someone who’s interviewed professional athletes while they’re clowning with each other, I realize how difficult it is to know exactly when to keep going and when to step back, and I’ve never had to do it on live television. Jackson repeatedly gets through it.

After this excruciating three-minute “interview” with Chris Anderson, though, I bet Jackson longs for having to deal with just video bombs.

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $110,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $12,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.

1. reesesteel23 - Mar 12, 2014 at 10:25 AM

What the heyull did I just watch? I couldn’t even watch the whole thing.

2. yuwannano - Mar 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Ha! That dude is craaazy!

3. legend30 - Mar 12, 2014 at 10:54 AM

He’s ready for the playoffs.

4. fanofthegame79 - Mar 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Dude was playing with the armrests on the chair while being interviewed on live TV. The armrests!

5. ProBasketballPundit - Mar 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Reminds me of Dennis Rodman. Birdman isn’t quite that desperate for attention but he sure is intense. Seems like the kind of guy you hate until you become friends then you love him.

6. mogogo1 - Mar 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Love it… “Why did the losing streak end this evening?” “Because we won.”

• zerole00 - Mar 12, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Hilarious.

7. southbeachtalent - Mar 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Jax is a big boy, he can take it.

8. stayhigh_247 - Mar 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM

That was the manliest handshake i’ve ever seen! space cadet to the 10th power..wtf?

9. rebelcat13 - Mar 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Awkward? If you think that was awkward, you don’t Chris Anderson. He has a great personality and is loved by the Miami Heat fan base. It’s just the “bird” being the “Bird” I thought it was hilarious!

10. nickjackalson - Mar 13, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Great handshake…

“Yessir … at the apex” .. great!

11. pacers24 - Mar 13, 2014 at 11:27 AM

“bird like? thats not even a word”

“what are you guys laughing about?”

lol i havent laughed this hard at birdman since PG posterized him dumbass in the playoffs

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches