Mar 11, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Another day, another report.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Source: Phil Jackson and NYK expected to finalize deal by end of the week. Announcement could be made next week.—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) March 11, 2014
As a reminder, here’s what Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reported yesterday:
As I reported in column, still no assurance an agreement will be reached. No one in Jackson's world thinks deal is "close," that's for sure.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) March 11, 2014
Maybe this just comes down to how you define “close.” Is the end of the week “close”?
If that’s not the issue, I’m intrigued by two of most prominent NBA reporters essentially reporting opposite scenarios. Both, to some degree, are putting their reputations on the line.
No matter what Jackson decides, I look forward to reading his version of this saga in his next book. Should make for an interesting chapter.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 29
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20