Mar 11, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Another day, another report.
Chris Broussard of ESPN:
Source: Phil Jackson and NYK expected to finalize deal by end of the week. Announcement could be made next week.—
Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) March 11, 2014
As a reminder, here’s what Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reported yesterday:
As I reported in column, still no assurance an agreement will be reached. No one in Jackson's world thinks deal is "close," that's for sure.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) March 11, 2014
Maybe this just comes down to how you define “close.” Is the end of the week “close”?
If that’s not the issue, I’m intrigued by two of most prominent NBA reporters essentially reporting opposite scenarios. Both, to some degree, are putting their reputations on the line.
No matter what Jackson decides, I look forward to reading his version of this saga in his next book. Should make for an interesting chapter.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10