Patrick Beverley goes at Russell Westbrook just as he did on the play that caused injury in 2013 playoffs (VIDEO)
Mar 11, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
In case Russell Westbrook had somehow forgotten that an aggressive play from Patrick Beverley in the 2013 playoffs was what led to his season-ending knee injury, he was reminded in his first meeting with Beverley since then less than halfway through the first quarter.
In virtually the same spot on the floor, as Westbrook slowed down to call a timeout, Beverley briefly grabbed him, causing Westbrook to react to the point where the two players needed to be separated.
The two had been going at each other on multiple possessions leading up to this one.
Beverley’s initial play that ultimately injured Westbrook last season wasn’t dirty at all. This one, however, clearly was intended to get under his opponent’s skin.
[Video via SI.com]
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 3
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7