Patrick Beverley goes at Russell Westbrook just as he did on the play that caused injury in 2013 playoffs (VIDEO)
Mar 11, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
In case Russell Westbrook had somehow forgotten that an aggressive play from Patrick Beverley in the 2013 playoffs was what led to his season-ending knee injury, he was reminded in his first meeting with Beverley since then less than halfway through the first quarter.
In virtually the same spot on the floor, as Westbrook slowed down to call a timeout, Beverley briefly grabbed him, causing Westbrook to react to the point where the two players needed to be separated.
The two had been going at each other on multiple possessions leading up to this one.
Beverley’s initial play that ultimately injured Westbrook last season wasn’t dirty at all. This one, however, clearly was intended to get under his opponent’s skin.
[Video via SI.com]
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18