Patrick Beverley goes at Russell Westbrook just as he did on the play that caused injury in 2013 playoffs (VIDEO)
Mar 11, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
In case Russell Westbrook had somehow forgotten that an aggressive play from Patrick Beverley in the 2013 playoffs was what led to his season-ending knee injury, he was reminded in his first meeting with Beverley since then less than halfway through the first quarter.
In virtually the same spot on the floor, as Westbrook slowed down to call a timeout, Beverley briefly grabbed him, causing Westbrook to react to the point where the two players needed to be separated.
The two had been going at each other on multiple possessions leading up to this one.
Beverley’s initial play that ultimately injured Westbrook last season wasn’t dirty at all. This one, however, clearly was intended to get under his opponent’s skin.
[Video via SI.com]
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 32
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0