Patrick Beverley goes at Russell Westbrook just as he did on the play that caused injury in 2013 playoffs (VIDEO)
Mar 11, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
In case Russell Westbrook had somehow forgotten that an aggressive play from Patrick Beverley in the 2013 playoffs was what led to his season-ending knee injury, he was reminded in his first meeting with Beverley since then less than halfway through the first quarter.
In virtually the same spot on the floor, as Westbrook slowed down to call a timeout, Beverley briefly grabbed him, causing Westbrook to react to the point where the two players needed to be separated.
The two had been going at each other on multiple possessions leading up to this one.
Beverley’s initial play that ultimately injured Westbrook last season wasn’t dirty at all. This one, however, clearly was intended to get under his opponent’s skin.
[Video via SI.com]
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 0
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39