Joakim Noah tells his enthusiastic dad: ‘Drink a brewski and just chill’

Mar 11, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT

Oh, dads.

Asked about his father’s exuberant celebrations during the Bulls’ win over the Heat on Sunday, Joakim Noah laughed, looked down and covered his face with his hand. But he got over his dad publicly embarrassing him long to answer a question about it.

Noah, via CSN Chicago:

I know that he’s happy right now. I can’t wait to see him and just celebrate this win with him. I don’t get to see him a lot. But My father has always been there for me my whole life. To be able to share these moments with him — I know that he’s nervous during games. I always tell him to just drink a brewski and just chill. But I know how he is, so I can’t wait to celebrate with him.

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.

Watch the video of Yannick Noah’s celebration one more time. He got all the attention, but it’s not as if Joakim is “just chill” himself here. It seems the Noah Family all gets pretty worked up when they’re around competition.

1. thetxhammer - Mar 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Good for him, if only there were more Dads like this in the world.

2. reesesteel23 - Mar 11, 2014 at 11:05 AM

The guy that screams and yells and jumps up and down and fist pumps and chest bumps and claps and points and basically goes bizerk when a nice play happens is telling someone to have a brewski and chill?

3. jcmeyer10 - Mar 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM

God, I would love for him to be on the Celtics. I feel like he’s Thibs engine on getting that team to buy in to big minutes and big effort on the D end with a shorthanded roster.

4. ipaintrinks - Mar 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I would have loved to sit next to him at that game.

5. seanb20124 - Mar 11, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Noah’s sister is smokin

6. tv63 - Mar 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM

SO LOVE THIS! I would do the same damn thing. Heck with you lady , my son is out there kickin some azz! Yayyyyyyyy!! LoL

7. irvfin3 - Mar 11, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Not all people have fathers like Noah’s. Some don’t have fathers and others have fathers that don’t care to be in their child’s life that would watch and cheer for them at a game.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches