Mar 11, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
Asked about his father’s exuberant celebrations during the Bulls’ win over the Heat on Sunday, Joakim Noah laughed, looked down and covered his face with his hand. But he got over his dad publicly embarrassing him long to answer a question about it.
Noah, via CSN Chicago:
I know that he’s happy right now. I can’t wait to see him and just celebrate this win with him. I don’t get to see him a lot. But My father has always been there for me my whole life. To be able to share these moments with him — I know that he’s nervous during games. I always tell him to just drink a brewski and just chill. But I know how he is, so I can’t wait to celebrate with him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Watch the video of Yannick Noah’s celebration one more time. He got all the attention, but it’s not as if Joakim is “just chill” himself here. It seems the Noah Family all gets pretty worked up when they’re around competition.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1