Mar 11, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Asked about his father’s exuberant celebrations during the Bulls’ win over the Heat on Sunday, Joakim Noah laughed, looked down and covered his face with his hand. But he got over his dad publicly embarrassing him long to answer a question about it.
Noah, via CSN Chicago:
I know that he’s happy right now. I can’t wait to see him and just celebrate this win with him. I don’t get to see him a lot. But My father has always been there for me my whole life. To be able to share these moments with him — I know that he’s nervous during games. I always tell him to just drink a brewski and just chill. But I know how he is, so I can’t wait to celebrate with him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Watch the video of Yannick Noah’s celebration one more time. He got all the attention, but it’s not as if Joakim is “just chill” himself here. It seems the Noah Family all gets pretty worked up when they’re around competition.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10