Mar 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
I love that the Celtics have always kept their jersey look simple and clean. I like that they’re doing the same thing with their new alternate jerseys for St. Patrick’s Day.
Of course, there are the sleeves.
Why the Boston Celtics actually need a special St. Patrick’s Day jersey is another question, but then we all really know the answer ($$).
It’s a pretty simple design: A solid green jersey with “Celtics” gold lettering across the front and gold trim around the neck, plus the player’s name and number in gold on the back. Plus the team’s shamrock logo is on the back. They go with green shorts that have gold trim on the sides and a shamrock.
Here is Jerryd Bayless talking about them with what I believe to be the Notre Dame University leprechaun. Or a reasonable facsimile of such.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10