Mar 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
I love that the Celtics have always kept their jersey look simple and clean. I like that they’re doing the same thing with their new alternate jerseys for St. Patrick’s Day.
Of course, there are the sleeves.
Why the Boston Celtics actually need a special St. Patrick’s Day jersey is another question, but then we all really know the answer ($$).
It’s a pretty simple design: A solid green jersey with “Celtics” gold lettering across the front and gold trim around the neck, plus the player’s name and number in gold on the back. Plus the team’s shamrock logo is on the back. They go with green shorts that have gold trim on the sides and a shamrock.
Here is Jerryd Bayless talking about them with what I believe to be the Notre Dame University leprechaun. Or a reasonable facsimile of such.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11