Mar 11, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
I love that the Celtics have always kept their jersey look simple and clean. I like that they’re doing the same thing with their new alternate jerseys for St. Patrick’s Day.
Of course, there are the sleeves.
Why the Boston Celtics actually need a special St. Patrick’s Day jersey is another question, but then we all really know the answer ($$).
It’s a pretty simple design: A solid green jersey with “Celtics” gold lettering across the front and gold trim around the neck, plus the player’s name and number in gold on the back. Plus the team’s shamrock logo is on the back. They go with green shorts that have gold trim on the sides and a shamrock.
Here is Jerryd Bayless talking about them with what I believe to be the Notre Dame University leprechaun. Or a reasonable facsimile of such.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22