Mar 11, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
With former Utah Jazz teammate of Karl Malone Jeff Hornacek in the building — actually sitting courtside as coach of the Phoenix Suns — Blake Griffin decided to do a little tribute.
He threw down the Mailman dunk. (Griffin has spoken of looking up to the Mailman before, it not a coincidence.)
Then he threw down or knocked down everything else. He had 29 points on 11-of-12 shooting and that included going 6-of-6 on midrange jumpers. That shot has become a real weapon for Griffin now, he is a threat with the jumper all the way out to the arc (if all you think he can do is dunk you need to watch him again, he has developed into an elite four).
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23