Mar 11, 2014, 12:14 AM EST
With former Utah Jazz teammate of Karl Malone Jeff Hornacek in the building — actually sitting courtside as coach of the Phoenix Suns — Blake Griffin decided to do a little tribute.
He threw down the Mailman dunk. (Griffin has spoken of looking up to the Mailman before, it not a coincidence.)
Then he threw down or knocked down everything else. He had 29 points on 11-of-12 shooting and that included going 6-of-6 on midrange jumpers. That shot has become a real weapon for Griffin now, he is a threat with the jumper all the way out to the arc (if all you think he can do is dunk you need to watch him again, he has developed into an elite four).
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 4
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 14
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 28
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7