Mar 11, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
With former Utah Jazz teammate of Karl Malone Jeff Hornacek in the building — actually sitting courtside as coach of the Phoenix Suns — Blake Griffin decided to do a little tribute.
He threw down the Mailman dunk. (Griffin has spoken of looking up to the Mailman before, it not a coincidence.)
Then he threw down or knocked down everything else. He had 29 points on 11-of-12 shooting and that included going 6-of-6 on midrange jumpers. That shot has become a real weapon for Griffin now, he is a threat with the jumper all the way out to the arc (if all you think he can do is dunk you need to watch him again, he has developed into an elite four).
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43