Mar 11, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
With former Utah Jazz teammate of Karl Malone Jeff Hornacek in the building — actually sitting courtside as coach of the Phoenix Suns — Blake Griffin decided to do a little tribute.
He threw down the Mailman dunk. (Griffin has spoken of looking up to the Mailman before, it not a coincidence.)
Then he threw down or knocked down everything else. He had 29 points on 11-of-12 shooting and that included going 6-of-6 on midrange jumpers. That shot has become a real weapon for Griffin now, he is a threat with the jumper all the way out to the arc (if all you think he can do is dunk you need to watch him again, he has developed into an elite four).
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 16
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 4
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10