Mar 11, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
With former Utah Jazz teammate of Karl Malone Jeff Hornacek in the building — actually sitting courtside as coach of the Phoenix Suns — Blake Griffin decided to do a little tribute.
He threw down the Mailman dunk. (Griffin has spoken of looking up to the Mailman before, it not a coincidence.)
Then he threw down or knocked down everything else. He had 29 points on 11-of-12 shooting and that included going 6-of-6 on midrange jumpers. That shot has become a real weapon for Griffin now, he is a threat with the jumper all the way out to the arc (if all you think he can do is dunk you need to watch him again, he has developed into an elite four).
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28