Mar 11, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
It may have taken injuries, but Mike Woodson has finally gotten over his fascination with big lineups for the Knicks. They went out and got Andrea Bargnani this summer — against pretty much everyone’s better judgement — and he felt like he had to play the guy. Even though it was a disaster.
Bargnani is still out with an elbow injury and Ian Begley of ESPN New York tweeted this:
To which Knicks fans say, “No worries, take all the time you need. Don’t rush back. In fact, take some time and go back home to Italy for a while.”
The Knicks have won four in a row and that’s sparked playoff dreams — they are 3.5 games back of Atlanta but have just 17 games to make up that ground. It’s still a long shot, and they need to keep winning (they are fortunate the schedule is pretty soft up through the end of March).
They can do that better without Bargnani.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18