Mar 11, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
It may have taken injuries, but Mike Woodson has finally gotten over his fascination with big lineups for the Knicks. They went out and got Andrea Bargnani this summer — against pretty much everyone’s better judgement — and he felt like he had to play the guy. Even though it was a disaster.
Bargnani is still out with an elbow injury and Ian Begley of ESPN New York tweeted this:
To which Knicks fans say, “No worries, take all the time you need. Don’t rush back. In fact, take some time and go back home to Italy for a while.”
The Knicks have won four in a row and that’s sparked playoff dreams — they are 3.5 games back of Atlanta but have just 17 games to make up that ground. It’s still a long shot, and they need to keep winning (they are fortunate the schedule is pretty soft up through the end of March).
They can do that better without Bargnani.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11