Mar 11, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
It may have taken injuries, but Mike Woodson has finally gotten over his fascination with big lineups for the Knicks. They went out and got Andrea Bargnani this summer — against pretty much everyone’s better judgement — and he felt like he had to play the guy. Even though it was a disaster.
Bargnani is still out with an elbow injury and Ian Begley of ESPN New York tweeted this:
To which Knicks fans say, “No worries, take all the time you need. Don’t rush back. In fact, take some time and go back home to Italy for a while.”
The Knicks have won four in a row and that’s sparked playoff dreams — they are 3.5 games back of Atlanta but have just 17 games to make up that ground. It’s still a long shot, and they need to keep winning (they are fortunate the schedule is pretty soft up through the end of March).
They can do that better without Bargnani.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34