Mar 11, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
It may have taken injuries, but Mike Woodson has finally gotten over his fascination with big lineups for the Knicks. They went out and got Andrea Bargnani this summer — against pretty much everyone’s better judgement — and he felt like he had to play the guy. Even though it was a disaster.
Bargnani is still out with an elbow injury and Ian Begley of ESPN New York tweeted this:
To which Knicks fans say, “No worries, take all the time you need. Don’t rush back. In fact, take some time and go back home to Italy for a while.”
The Knicks have won four in a row and that’s sparked playoff dreams — they are 3.5 games back of Atlanta but have just 17 games to make up that ground. It’s still a long shot, and they need to keep winning (they are fortunate the schedule is pretty soft up through the end of March).
They can do that better without Bargnani.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 4
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 35
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22