Mar 11, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
It may have taken injuries, but Mike Woodson has finally gotten over his fascination with big lineups for the Knicks. They went out and got Andrea Bargnani this summer — against pretty much everyone’s better judgement — and he felt like he had to play the guy. Even though it was a disaster.
Bargnani is still out with an elbow injury and Ian Begley of ESPN New York tweeted this:
To which Knicks fans say, “No worries, take all the time you need. Don’t rush back. In fact, take some time and go back home to Italy for a while.”
The Knicks have won four in a row and that’s sparked playoff dreams — they are 3.5 games back of Atlanta but have just 17 games to make up that ground. It’s still a long shot, and they need to keep winning (they are fortunate the schedule is pretty soft up through the end of March).
They can do that better without Bargnani.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80