Mar 10, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
There is a theory Jackson is just negotiating with the Knicks in order to secure a job with a better-positioned team – AKA a team that’s not in danger of losing its best player this summer, not capped out, not void of so many future first-round picks – AKA any other team.
If that’s the case, it makes sense Jackson delays the deal. He must give other teams, the Lakers or otherwise, a chance to realize he’s in demand and respond with their own offers.
Maybe becoming the Knicks’ president would be Jackson’s fallback option, or maybe he’s just posturing interest. Either way, if he’s at least eying a better job, he must wait this out.
For the Knicks, they’d probably want to get Jackson acclimated as long before the draft and offseason as possible. So, if they want Jackson, they should apply a little pressure to get this done sooner than later. But there’s no guarantee they’ll do what makes sense, anyway.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38