Mar 10, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
There is a theory Jackson is just negotiating with the Knicks in order to secure a job with a better-positioned team – AKA a team that’s not in danger of losing its best player this summer, not capped out, not void of so many future first-round picks – AKA any other team.
If that’s the case, it makes sense Jackson delays the deal. He must give other teams, the Lakers or otherwise, a chance to realize he’s in demand and respond with their own offers.
Maybe becoming the Knicks’ president would be Jackson’s fallback option, or maybe he’s just posturing interest. Either way, if he’s at least eying a better job, he must wait this out.
For the Knicks, they’d probably want to get Jackson acclimated as long before the draft and offseason as possible. So, if they want Jackson, they should apply a little pressure to get this done sooner than later. But there’s no guarantee they’ll do what makes sense, anyway.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7