Mar 10, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
There is a theory Jackson is just negotiating with the Knicks in order to secure a job with a better-positioned team – AKA a team that’s not in danger of losing its best player this summer, not capped out, not void of so many future first-round picks – AKA any other team.
If that’s the case, it makes sense Jackson delays the deal. He must give other teams, the Lakers or otherwise, a chance to realize he’s in demand and respond with their own offers.
Maybe becoming the Knicks’ president would be Jackson’s fallback option, or maybe he’s just posturing interest. Either way, if he’s at least eying a better job, he must wait this out.
For the Knicks, they’d probably want to get Jackson acclimated as long before the draft and offseason as possible. So, if they want Jackson, they should apply a little pressure to get this done sooner than later. But there’s no guarantee they’ll do what makes sense, anyway.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13