Mar 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
There’s no real reason the Lakers as currently constructed should beat a Thunder team that, coming into Sunday’s contest, was tied with the Pacers for the league’s best record.
But this was just one of 82 for OKC on the way to a trip that will likely last deep into the postseason, and L.A., as is the cliche, simply had nothing to lose.
Jodie Meeks got loose for a career-high 42 points on just 18 shots, and the Lakers overcame an 18-point deficit to gain a rare victory in what has been simply a disaster of a season.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23