Mar 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
There’s no real reason the Lakers as currently constructed should beat a Thunder team that, coming into Sunday’s contest, was tied with the Pacers for the league’s best record.
But this was just one of 82 for OKC on the way to a trip that will likely last deep into the postseason, and L.A., as is the cliche, simply had nothing to lose.
Jodie Meeks got loose for a career-high 42 points on just 18 shots, and the Lakers overcame an 18-point deficit to gain a rare victory in what has been simply a disaster of a season.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48