Mar 10, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
There’s no real reason the Lakers as currently constructed should beat a Thunder team that, coming into Sunday’s contest, was tied with the Pacers for the league’s best record.
But this was just one of 82 for OKC on the way to a trip that will likely last deep into the postseason, and L.A., as is the cliche, simply had nothing to lose.
Jodie Meeks got loose for a career-high 42 points on just 18 shots, and the Lakers overcame an 18-point deficit to gain a rare victory in what has been simply a disaster of a season.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 12
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36