Mar 10, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
Joakim Noah’s father, former tennis star Yannick Noah, was giving an interview during Sunday’s Bulls-Heat game when Joakim stopped LeBron James, grabbed an offensive rebound on the other end and then drew a foul.
Let’s just say the interview went in a different direction at that point.
If you were wondering where Joakim’s passion came from, now you know.
Later in the game, Yannick even did the Dikembe Mutombo finger wag for a Joakim block:
That form is a little sloppy. Gotta tighten that up, Yannick.
Then again, the passion comes through much more that way as opposed to Mutombo’s firmer wags. This just must be the Noah family style.
Prediction: There will be a camera on Yannick during all of the Bulls’ playoff games.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49