Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
Joakim Noah is playing like the kind of guy whose name could fit into one of the four or five spots on an MVP ballot — it’s LeBron James and Kevin Durant 1-2, then a number of guys could make a case. Noah is one of those guys as he has been the focal point on offense and defense of a Bulls team that is the third best team in the East.
Excited Bulls fans have taken to chanting “M-V-P” when Noah gets to the free throw line.
And he doesn’t like it.
“I don’t like it,” he said. “No, I don’t like it.”
“Because our MVP is not playing. We have one MVP, and that’s Derrick Rose. And it’s not about MVPs, it’s about rings, and one day I hope that we can get one here.”
“That’s all I want,” Noah said of winning NBA titles. “I don’t care about none of that stuff.”
You have to admire Noah’s attitude. Even if he just cribbed Tom Thibodeau’s notes. Not that it’s going to stop Bulls fans.
And he’s right, this team as constructed can beat the Heat for a game on Sunday, but they are not taking a seven game series from them without the offense Rose provides. He was NBA MVP for a reason.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 29
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20