Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
Joakim Noah is playing like the kind of guy whose name could fit into one of the four or five spots on an MVP ballot — it’s LeBron James and Kevin Durant 1-2, then a number of guys could make a case. Noah is one of those guys as he has been the focal point on offense and defense of a Bulls team that is the third best team in the East.
Excited Bulls fans have taken to chanting “M-V-P” when Noah gets to the free throw line.
And he doesn’t like it.
“I don’t like it,” he said. “No, I don’t like it.”
“Because our MVP is not playing. We have one MVP, and that’s Derrick Rose. And it’s not about MVPs, it’s about rings, and one day I hope that we can get one here.”
“That’s all I want,” Noah said of winning NBA titles. “I don’t care about none of that stuff.”
You have to admire Noah’s attitude. Even if he just cribbed Tom Thibodeau’s notes. Not that it’s going to stop Bulls fans.
And he’s right, this team as constructed can beat the Heat for a game on Sunday, but they are not taking a seven game series from them without the offense Rose provides. He was NBA MVP for a reason.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 31
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25