Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Joakim Noah is playing like the kind of guy whose name could fit into one of the four or five spots on an MVP ballot — it’s LeBron James and Kevin Durant 1-2, then a number of guys could make a case. Noah is one of those guys as he has been the focal point on offense and defense of a Bulls team that is the third best team in the East.
Excited Bulls fans have taken to chanting “M-V-P” when Noah gets to the free throw line.
And he doesn’t like it.
“I don’t like it,” he said. “No, I don’t like it.”
“Because our MVP is not playing. We have one MVP, and that’s Derrick Rose. And it’s not about MVPs, it’s about rings, and one day I hope that we can get one here.”
“That’s all I want,” Noah said of winning NBA titles. “I don’t care about none of that stuff.”
You have to admire Noah’s attitude. Even if he just cribbed Tom Thibodeau’s notes. Not that it’s going to stop Bulls fans.
And he’s right, this team as constructed can beat the Heat for a game on Sunday, but they are not taking a seven game series from them without the offense Rose provides. He was NBA MVP for a reason.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10