Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Joakim Noah is playing like the kind of guy whose name could fit into one of the four or five spots on an MVP ballot — it’s LeBron James and Kevin Durant 1-2, then a number of guys could make a case. Noah is one of those guys as he has been the focal point on offense and defense of a Bulls team that is the third best team in the East.
Excited Bulls fans have taken to chanting “M-V-P” when Noah gets to the free throw line.
And he doesn’t like it.
“I don’t like it,” he said. “No, I don’t like it.”
“Because our MVP is not playing. We have one MVP, and that’s Derrick Rose. And it’s not about MVPs, it’s about rings, and one day I hope that we can get one here.”
“That’s all I want,” Noah said of winning NBA titles. “I don’t care about none of that stuff.”
You have to admire Noah’s attitude. Even if he just cribbed Tom Thibodeau’s notes. Not that it’s going to stop Bulls fans.
And he’s right, this team as constructed can beat the Heat for a game on Sunday, but they are not taking a seven game series from them without the offense Rose provides. He was NBA MVP for a reason.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49