Mar 9, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
The Magic didn’t beat the Spurs in San Antonio, of course, but this was a nice play by Arron Afflalo to end the first half nonetheless.
Tim Duncan has a propensity to turn the ball over in situations like this — end of clock, trying to force a pass — and this time it cost his team three points. Afflalo came up with the ball after it was deflected, and launched a three off of one foot that splashed home before the buzzer sounded.
It was Duncan’s lone turnover of the game.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 15
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 14
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 13
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27