Mar 8, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Because the Lakers haven’t been embarrassed enough lately…
That is Jodie Meeks just getting dropped by Ty Lawson‘s crossover during the Nuggets 134-126 win over the Lakers Friday night in a real defensive struggle. Lawson threw a series of moves at Meeks and got him off balance before dropping the hammer (then making the dish to Timofey Mozgov for the bucket. The play happened just before halftime, when the Nuggets had already put up 73 points, and pretty much typified how things have gone recently for the Lakers.
Lawson finished with 30 points on 22 shots plus he had 17 assists. He now wants to play the Lakers every night.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30