Mar 8, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Earlier this week I gave you a few highlights of my conversation with author Jeff Pearlman, who has a fantastic new book out on the Showtime era Lakers.
Now, I bring you our entire conversation.
In this latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Phil Jackson and his flirtation with the Knicks, then we get into the trouble that Mike D’Antoni faces with the Lakers. Bottom line, the Lakers will be showcasing Kobe Bryant the next couple years, and with his post up heavy game D’Antoni’s system strikes me as a bad fit.
Then we do almost 20 minutes talking Lakers with Pearman, talking everyone from Magic Johnson to Frank Brickowski.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4