Mar 8, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Earlier this week I gave you a few highlights of my conversation with author Jeff Pearlman, who has a fantastic new book out on the Showtime era Lakers.
Now, I bring you our entire conversation.
In this latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Phil Jackson and his flirtation with the Knicks, then we get into the trouble that Mike D’Antoni faces with the Lakers. Bottom line, the Lakers will be showcasing Kobe Bryant the next couple years, and with his post up heavy game D’Antoni’s system strikes me as a bad fit.
Then we do almost 20 minutes talking Lakers with Pearman, talking everyone from Magic Johnson to Frank Brickowski.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20