Mar 8, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Earlier this week I gave you a few highlights of my conversation with author Jeff Pearlman, who has a fantastic new book out on the Showtime era Lakers.
Now, I bring you our entire conversation.
In this latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Phil Jackson and his flirtation with the Knicks, then we get into the trouble that Mike D’Antoni faces with the Lakers. Bottom line, the Lakers will be showcasing Kobe Bryant the next couple years, and with his post up heavy game D’Antoni’s system strikes me as a bad fit.
Then we do almost 20 minutes talking Lakers with Pearman, talking everyone from Magic Johnson to Frank Brickowski.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1