Mar 8, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Earlier this week I gave you a few highlights of my conversation with author Jeff Pearlman, who has a fantastic new book out on the Showtime era Lakers.
Now, I bring you our entire conversation.
In this latest edition of the PBT podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Phil Jackson and his flirtation with the Knicks, then we get into the trouble that Mike D’Antoni faces with the Lakers. Bottom line, the Lakers will be showcasing Kobe Bryant the next couple years, and with his post up heavy game D’Antoni’s system strikes me as a bad fit.
Then we do almost 20 minutes talking Lakers with Pearman, talking everyone from Magic Johnson to Frank Brickowski.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 22
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26