Mar 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Let’s connect the dots.
- Joakim Noah is reportedly recruiting Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls.
- Melo has a son named Kiyan, who turns 7 years old today. Happy Birthday, Kiyan!
- Kyian’s favorite player is reportedly Derrick Rose.
The missing dot: Derrick Rose. What does he think about all this?
One source also told me Rose wants to add Anthony.
First of all, this is a little flimsy. When reading about anonymous sources, by rule, multiple sources are better than one. Considered this is buried deep in Broussard’s story, I’d infer this source isn’t completely credible. If Broussard were more confident Rose wants Melo, that should probably lead the story.
But why wouldn’t Rose want Melo?
Melo would take a lot of heat off Rose – and vice versa – and they work from enough different areas of the court to complement each other. Although neither is the lights-out 3-point shooter who’d ideally complement the other, this is pretty good as far as high-volume scoring pairings go.
If I were Rose, I’d certainly want a teammate who can both help me win and relieve some of the defensive pressure I face.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 16
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14