Mar 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Let’s connect the dots.
- Joakim Noah is reportedly recruiting Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls.
- Melo has a son named Kiyan, who turns 7 years old today. Happy Birthday, Kiyan!
- Kyian’s favorite player is reportedly Derrick Rose.
The missing dot: Derrick Rose. What does he think about all this?
One source also told me Rose wants to add Anthony.
First of all, this is a little flimsy. When reading about anonymous sources, by rule, multiple sources are better than one. Considered this is buried deep in Broussard’s story, I’d infer this source isn’t completely credible. If Broussard were more confident Rose wants Melo, that should probably lead the story.
But why wouldn’t Rose want Melo?
Melo would take a lot of heat off Rose – and vice versa – and they work from enough different areas of the court to complement each other. Although neither is the lights-out 3-point shooter who’d ideally complement the other, this is pretty good as far as high-volume scoring pairings go.
If I were Rose, I’d certainly want a teammate who can both help me win and relieve some of the defensive pressure I face.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18