Mar 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Let’s connect the dots.
- Joakim Noah is reportedly recruiting Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls.
- Melo has a son named Kiyan, who turns 7 years old today. Happy Birthday, Kiyan!
- Kyian’s favorite player is reportedly Derrick Rose.
The missing dot: Derrick Rose. What does he think about all this?
One source also told me Rose wants to add Anthony.
First of all, this is a little flimsy. When reading about anonymous sources, by rule, multiple sources are better than one. Considered this is buried deep in Broussard’s story, I’d infer this source isn’t completely credible. If Broussard were more confident Rose wants Melo, that should probably lead the story.
But why wouldn’t Rose want Melo?
Melo would take a lot of heat off Rose – and vice versa – and they work from enough different areas of the court to complement each other. Although neither is the lights-out 3-point shooter who’d ideally complement the other, this is pretty good as far as high-volume scoring pairings go.
If I were Rose, I’d certainly want a teammate who can both help me win and relieve some of the defensive pressure I face.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10