Mar 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Let’s connect the dots.
- Joakim Noah is reportedly recruiting Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls.
- Melo has a son named Kiyan, who turns 7 years old today. Happy Birthday, Kiyan!
- Kyian’s favorite player is reportedly Derrick Rose.
The missing dot: Derrick Rose. What does he think about all this?
One source also told me Rose wants to add Anthony.
First of all, this is a little flimsy. When reading about anonymous sources, by rule, multiple sources are better than one. Considered this is buried deep in Broussard’s story, I’d infer this source isn’t completely credible. If Broussard were more confident Rose wants Melo, that should probably lead the story.
But why wouldn’t Rose want Melo?
Melo would take a lot of heat off Rose – and vice versa – and they work from enough different areas of the court to complement each other. Although neither is the lights-out 3-point shooter who’d ideally complement the other, this is pretty good as far as high-volume scoring pairings go.
If I were Rose, I’d certainly want a teammate who can both help me win and relieve some of the defensive pressure I face.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 13
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 11
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20