Mar 7, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Let’s connect the dots.
- Joakim Noah is reportedly recruiting Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls.
- Melo has a son named Kiyan, who turns 7 years old today. Happy Birthday, Kiyan!
- Kyian’s favorite player is reportedly Derrick Rose.
The missing dot: Derrick Rose. What does he think about all this?
One source also told me Rose wants to add Anthony.
First of all, this is a little flimsy. When reading about anonymous sources, by rule, multiple sources are better than one. Considered this is buried deep in Broussard’s story, I’d infer this source isn’t completely credible. If Broussard were more confident Rose wants Melo, that should probably lead the story.
But why wouldn’t Rose want Melo?
Melo would take a lot of heat off Rose – and vice versa – and they work from enough different areas of the court to complement each other. Although neither is the lights-out 3-point shooter who’d ideally complement the other, this is pretty good as far as high-volume scoring pairings go.
If I were Rose, I’d certainly want a teammate who can both help me win and relieve some of the defensive pressure I face.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9