Mar 7, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
It’s been a frustrating season in Milwaukee, and it’s gotten to the point where the team’s players are taking out those emotions violently against their opponents.
Ersan Ilyasova received a suspension for the punch-shove combo he delivered to Reggie Evans, and we can expect the same punishment to be handed down to O.J. Mayo, who was ejected in the first quarter Friday night after throwing a punch to the neck of Greg Stiemsma.
In Mayo’s case, it’s clear he felt Stiemsma did him dirty by catching him in the face after the two got tangled up on a screen. But you can’t retaliate by immediately escalating things several levels like that.
The Bucks have three fewer wins than the Sixers do on the season. Let that sink in a moment, and you’ll begin to understand where all the frustration is coming from.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13