Mar 7, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
It’s been a frustrating season in Milwaukee, and it’s gotten to the point where the team’s players are taking out those emotions violently against their opponents.
Ersan Ilyasova received a suspension for the punch-shove combo he delivered to Reggie Evans, and we can expect the same punishment to be handed down to O.J. Mayo, who was ejected in the first quarter Friday night after throwing a punch to the neck of Greg Stiemsma.
In Mayo’s case, it’s clear he felt Stiemsma did him dirty by catching him in the face after the two got tangled up on a screen. But you can’t retaliate by immediately escalating things several levels like that.
The Bucks have three fewer wins than the Sixers do on the season. Let that sink in a moment, and you’ll begin to understand where all the frustration is coming from.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 2
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 40
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11