Mar 6, 2014, 1:52 AM EDT
Kyle Korver was 0-of-5 from three Wednesday night in an Atlanta loss to Portland.
That ends his streak at a record 127 consecutive NBA games with a made three-point bucket, an NBA record.
Korver passed former Celtic Dana Baros back in December to take the record away (it had been 89) and kept right on knocking down threes — 337 in all during the streak. Teams know not to leave him alone at the arc, but Korver has a sense about how to get open and he has a quick release. People don’t seem to realize what feat of consistency and shooting this was to keep a streak like this going when defenses have geared up to stop you.
The shots just did not fall Wednesday. He got two looks from the left corner, one from the right corner and a couple just above the break on the right side. The Hawks players could have gotten him a few more looks but their usually pretty good ball movement went missing for much of Wednesday night.
Korver seemed accepting of it, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
It wasn’t just Korver who was cold, the Hawks were 4-of-27 from three on the night and shot just 33 percent overall on the night.
Coach Mike Budenholzer chose not to insert Korver back into the game during garbage time (basically the entire fourth quarter) to hunt for a three to keep the streak alive. The Hawks were getting blown out pretty much all night and Budenholzer was going for getting his guys a little rest.
The longest streak in the NBA now? Stephen Curry at 50.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28