Mar 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
We told you last week to expect this and now it is a reality: Royce White is now a member of the Sacramento Kings.
The Kings announced Wednesday the signing of White to a 10-day contract. He was immediately assigned to the Kings D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns.
White was the No. 22 pick of the Houston Rockets in 2012, but he never played for them and was traded to the Sixers this past summer. He’s considered a guy with some point-forward kind skills who could develop into a DeJuan Blair level rotation player, but at both of his stops there were rumored attitude issues (take them with a grain of salt, but they are out there). White has a well documented general anxiety disorder, something he is very open about. While a fear of flying is part of that, but White has said that overblown and he did fly with the Sixers during the preseason.
White was excited to have the opportunity.
For the Kings, a struggling franchise looking for good value players they can develop, this is a good gamble — it’s low cost and he does have talent.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17