Mar 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
We told you last week to expect this and now it is a reality: Royce White is now a member of the Sacramento Kings.
The Kings announced Wednesday the signing of White to a 10-day contract. He was immediately assigned to the Kings D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns.
White was the No. 22 pick of the Houston Rockets in 2012, but he never played for them and was traded to the Sixers this past summer. He’s considered a guy with some point-forward kind skills who could develop into a DeJuan Blair level rotation player, but at both of his stops there were rumored attitude issues (take them with a grain of salt, but they are out there). White has a well documented general anxiety disorder, something he is very open about. While a fear of flying is part of that, but White has said that overblown and he did fly with the Sixers during the preseason.
White was excited to have the opportunity.
For the Kings, a struggling franchise looking for good value players they can develop, this is a good gamble — it’s low cost and he does have talent.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25