Mar 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
We told you last week to expect this and now it is a reality: Royce White is now a member of the Sacramento Kings.
The Kings announced Wednesday the signing of White to a 10-day contract. He was immediately assigned to the Kings D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns.
White was the No. 22 pick of the Houston Rockets in 2012, but he never played for them and was traded to the Sixers this past summer. He’s considered a guy with some point-forward kind skills who could develop into a DeJuan Blair level rotation player, but at both of his stops there were rumored attitude issues (take them with a grain of salt, but they are out there). White has a well documented general anxiety disorder, something he is very open about. While a fear of flying is part of that, but White has said that overblown and he did fly with the Sixers during the preseason.
White was excited to have the opportunity.
For the Kings, a struggling franchise looking for good value players they can develop, this is a good gamble — it’s low cost and he does have talent.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 0
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5