Mar 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
We told you last week to expect this and now it is a reality: Royce White is now a member of the Sacramento Kings.
The Kings announced Wednesday the signing of White to a 10-day contract. He was immediately assigned to the Kings D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns.
White was the No. 22 pick of the Houston Rockets in 2012, but he never played for them and was traded to the Sixers this past summer. He’s considered a guy with some point-forward kind skills who could develop into a DeJuan Blair level rotation player, but at both of his stops there were rumored attitude issues (take them with a grain of salt, but they are out there). White has a well documented general anxiety disorder, something he is very open about. While a fear of flying is part of that, but White has said that overblown and he did fly with the Sixers during the preseason.
White was excited to have the opportunity.
For the Kings, a struggling franchise looking for good value players they can develop, this is a good gamble — it’s low cost and he does have talent.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65