Mar 5, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
When teams go into the NBA draft the question isn’t “who is the best player now?” it’s “who is the best player three years, five years from now?”
The Bucks may have won that this draft with Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The Greek Freak has all sorts of raw talent and that leads to some amazing plays, but he is still a young man from another culture trying to adjust to another culture. And that leads to some great stories, such as the one told by Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.
He’s a gem now. Just wait a few years.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30