Mar 5, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
When teams go into the NBA draft the question isn’t “who is the best player now?” it’s “who is the best player three years, five years from now?”
The Bucks may have won that this draft with Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The Greek Freak has all sorts of raw talent and that leads to some amazing plays, but he is still a young man from another culture trying to adjust to another culture. And that leads to some great stories, such as the one told by Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.
He’s a gem now. Just wait a few years.
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 23
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 61