Mar 5, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Pharrell Williams loves the Arby’s hat…
• Roy Hibbert got a new bed. He’s 7’2″ with a 7’9″ wingspan. That is one ginormous bed.
Got my new bed yesterday. 8 x 9 feet #JustRight #Goldilocks. What y’all think?
• LeBron James and Blake Griffin have been named the Eastern and Western conference players of the month for February. Hard to argue with those calls. James averaged 30.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 6.7 assists a game while shooting 57.5 percent. Griffin averaged 30 points and 10.7 rebounds a game last month.
• Former NBA player Mookie Blaylock was sentenced to 16 days in jail tied to a DUI near Atlanta where he was injured.
• Kevin Durant has dropped the federal lawsuit against his accountant. Not sure what the settlement turned out to be in the case.
• Charlotte signed Justin Hamilton to a 10-day contract.
• Kevin Love is now an endorser of BODYARMOR SuperDrink, and by the way he now owns an equity stake in the company.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 16
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 20
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2