Mar 5, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The Magic have been playing tribute videos for every former player that returned to play against them this season, as part of the organization’s 25th anniversary celebration.
It’s a bit trickier where Dwight Howard is concerned, obviously, considering both his stature as one of the franchise’s all-time greats as well as the messy way things ended, which was Howard’s fault, 100 percent.
The video showed monster dunks, blocked shots, and the Superman spectacle from the 2008 dunk contest. Fans booed loudly as it began, but then gave it a rest after a few seconds — perhaps finally becoming as fatigued as the rest of us over anything involving Howard that isn’t directly related to his on-court performance.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31