Mar 5, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The Magic have been playing tribute videos for every former player that returned to play against them this season, as part of the organization’s 25th anniversary celebration.
It’s a bit trickier where Dwight Howard is concerned, obviously, considering both his stature as one of the franchise’s all-time greats as well as the messy way things ended, which was Howard’s fault, 100 percent.
The video showed monster dunks, blocked shots, and the Superman spectacle from the 2008 dunk contest. Fans booed loudly as it began, but then gave it a rest after a few seconds — perhaps finally becoming as fatigued as the rest of us over anything involving Howard that isn’t directly related to his on-court performance.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 18
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 67
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14