Mar 5, 2014, 9:51 PM EST
The Magic have been playing tribute videos for every former player that returned to play against them this season, as part of the organization’s 25th anniversary celebration.
It’s a bit trickier where Dwight Howard is concerned, obviously, considering both his stature as one of the franchise’s all-time greats as well as the messy way things ended, which was Howard’s fault, 100 percent.
The video showed monster dunks, blocked shots, and the Superman spectacle from the 2008 dunk contest. Fans booed loudly as it began, but then gave it a rest after a few seconds — perhaps finally becoming as fatigued as the rest of us over anything involving Howard that isn’t directly related to his on-court performance.
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17