Mar 5, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The Magic have been playing tribute videos for every former player that returned to play against them this season, as part of the organization’s 25th anniversary celebration.
It’s a bit trickier where Dwight Howard is concerned, obviously, considering both his stature as one of the franchise’s all-time greats as well as the messy way things ended, which was Howard’s fault, 100 percent.
The video showed monster dunks, blocked shots, and the Superman spectacle from the 2008 dunk contest. Fans booed loudly as it began, but then gave it a rest after a few seconds — perhaps finally becoming as fatigued as the rest of us over anything involving Howard that isn’t directly related to his on-court performance.
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17