Mar 5, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
The Magic have been playing tribute videos for every former player that returned to play against them this season, as part of the organization’s 25th anniversary celebration.
It’s a bit trickier where Dwight Howard is concerned, obviously, considering both his stature as one of the franchise’s all-time greats as well as the messy way things ended, which was Howard’s fault, 100 percent.
The video showed monster dunks, blocked shots, and the Superman spectacle from the 2008 dunk contest. Fans booed loudly as it began, but then gave it a rest after a few seconds — perhaps finally becoming as fatigued as the rest of us over anything involving Howard that isn’t directly related to his on-court performance.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 57
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65