Mar 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
If you follow Kobe Bryant on any of his social media channels, then you’ve seen a couple of cryptic posts from him over the past few days — including this one showcasing a Kobe Piano made in the shape of his Nike Basketball logo.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) March 1, 2014
As it turns out, this wasn’t something Bryant had commissioned during all of his recent injury-forced downtime away from basketball. Instead, it was part of the comical spot that can be seen in the video clip above for his latest signature shoe, the Kobe 9 Elite.
For more on the Kobe 9 collection, check out or launch event recap, which includes a discussion of why Bryant and the folks at Nike went with the unique high-top choice.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 4
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 19
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25