Mar 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
If you follow Kobe Bryant on any of his social media channels, then you’ve seen a couple of cryptic posts from him over the past few days — including this one showcasing a Kobe Piano made in the shape of his Nike Basketball logo.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) March 1, 2014
As it turns out, this wasn’t something Bryant had commissioned during all of his recent injury-forced downtime away from basketball. Instead, it was part of the comical spot that can be seen in the video clip above for his latest signature shoe, the Kobe 9 Elite.
For more on the Kobe 9 collection, check out or launch event recap, which includes a discussion of why Bryant and the folks at Nike went with the unique high-top choice.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4