Mar 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
If you follow Kobe Bryant on any of his social media channels, then you’ve seen a couple of cryptic posts from him over the past few days — including this one showcasing a Kobe Piano made in the shape of his Nike Basketball logo.
— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) March 1, 2014
As it turns out, this wasn’t something Bryant had commissioned during all of his recent injury-forced downtime away from basketball. Instead, it was part of the comical spot that can be seen in the video clip above for his latest signature shoe, the Kobe 9 Elite.
For more on the Kobe 9 collection, check out or launch event recap, which includes a discussion of why Bryant and the folks at Nike went with the unique high-top choice.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32