Mar 4, 2014, 8:46 AM EST
LeBron James shook up the NBA on Monday night, dropping 61 on the Bobcats.
It’s a reminder of what LeBron has often said: If he wanted to lead the league in scoring, he could. It was also a little like Kevin Durant‘s run of a dozen 30+ point games in that Dwyane Wade was out (as Russell Westbrook had been) and LeBron was forced to take on more of the offense.
In the latest PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio talk about LeBron’s big game and what it means for the MVP race. We also discuss all the talk of tanking and what the league can do about it (there are no easy answers here).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13