Mar 4, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
LeBron James shook up the NBA on Monday night, dropping 61 on the Bobcats.
It’s a reminder of what LeBron has often said: If he wanted to lead the league in scoring, he could. It was also a little like Kevin Durant‘s run of a dozen 30+ point games in that Dwyane Wade was out (as Russell Westbrook had been) and LeBron was forced to take on more of the offense.
In the latest PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio talk about LeBron’s big game and what it means for the MVP race. We also discuss all the talk of tanking and what the league can do about it (there are no easy answers here).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 27
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22