Mar 4, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
LeBron James shook up the NBA on Monday night, dropping 61 on the Bobcats.
It’s a reminder of what LeBron has often said: If he wanted to lead the league in scoring, he could. It was also a little like Kevin Durant‘s run of a dozen 30+ point games in that Dwyane Wade was out (as Russell Westbrook had been) and LeBron was forced to take on more of the offense.
In the latest PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio talk about LeBron’s big game and what it means for the MVP race. We also discuss all the talk of tanking and what the league can do about it (there are no easy answers here).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2