Watch as LeBron James goes off for 61 points vs. Bobcats (VIDEO)

Mar 3, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT

LeBron James was scoring wherever he wanted against Charlotte — the seventh best defense in the NBA this season — he was 10-of-12 at the rim, 7-of-8 from three from the left side of the floor.

Here are all 61 of his points. Watch him get going early and he just could not miss, he had 11 points in the first quarter, 13 in the second, then he exploded for 25 in the third which is when Miami pulled away, leading by 23 in the quarter and pulling away for the win.

The rest of the teams may petition the league to make LeBron take the mask off from here on out.

1. sammadison - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Beast mode

2. norcal031 - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Man he a BEAST!!!!

3. prareedoggin - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Simpsons did it…

4. norcal031 - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:23 PM

The Masked Unit crushes The Gender Bender!!

5. thevikesarebest - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM

In other news the Knicks lost again.

• heat256 - Mar 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Now it’s only news if they win

6. miamiheatles - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM

This performance by LBJ reminds me of the song “Minute by Minute” by the Dooby Brothers.

7. 50milessouthofdetroit - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I’ll give him credit for having a high percentage shooting. most 50 point games involve sub 50% shooting and 30 some free throws. with that said, they were up 15-20 points the entire 4th quarter. why was he still in the game?

• casualcommenter - Mar 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM

It’s worth noting that he still had 5 assists despite mostly hunting for his own shot.

Some guys when they get hot forget to pass the ball (Carmelo had 0 assists against the Bobcats when he scored 62 earlier this year), but LeBron was still getting teammates involved even as he was shooting near 70%.

• timb12 - Mar 4, 2014 at 12:41 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Lebron is a monster, and he showed it tonight, but I think we all got a glimpse of who runs that team. Spo answers to Lebron. It’s not Lebron hate or anything, but we’ve seen KD and Carmelo get pulled even though they were hot once the game was out of reach. This seems like a stat stuffer move, but if I was Lebron, I would have wanted to be out there riding my hot streak so I can’t blame him.

• reesesteel23 - Mar 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Wait…..I could’ve SWORN the Knicks were up 30 not too long into the 4th qr when Melo was still pouring it on…

• timb12 - Mar 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Maybe I remembered it incorrectly, but the point is still the same.

Dumb Carmelo, ruining my point.

8. antistratfordian - Mar 3, 2014 at 11:41 PM

#LongLiveTheKing #JordanWho?

9. trevor123698 - Mar 4, 2014 at 12:19 AM

do they really need to do that “Leeeeebrrrroooooonnnn JAmes” every single basket?

• broncobeta - Mar 4, 2014 at 8:14 AM

You should just do that around the office. Every time someone does something good, “Leeeeeeebrroooooooon JAAMMESSSSS!”

• reesesteel23 - Mar 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Lol hater…..they do the same thing for dwayyneeee waddee and greggg oddennn and Michael beassleyyyyy…..find something else to cry about

10. reastnt - Mar 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM

More evidence for the “Hot Hand” phenomenon.

11. johnnyg1021 - Mar 4, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Lets get this right, most nights LeBron gets taken out of the game early. He when for 60 because he wanted to. He’s done it once in 11 years, he was close so he went for it. #MVPtillFurtherNotice

12. pacers24 - Mar 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM

im a pacers fan (obvi) and hate the heat but man LBJ is a beast! 61 pts without a single dunk!?

i hope everyone who hates on him stops and appreciates how great he is and that we are all witnessing it. i hated jordan growing up (im 32) because he was always beating my pacers and didnt fully appreciate his greatness till it was far too late…im not gonna wait till lebron is gone to realize how amazing a player he is

im a basketball fan first and foremost

• 1heatedtoombrayduh - Mar 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM

it may not mean much coming from a complete stranger, but I for one respect you very much for this post…

Im a bball fan first, heat fan second, and wont lie, i used to be a Lebron hater, but his last three seasons in clevland opened my eyes.. I never knew why i hated on him, i just did..but i respect his game and now that he plays for the heat, i cant help but love watching him..

PS dwade still my favorite player lol

• pacers24 - Mar 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM

appreciate it…see ya’ll in the ECF

13. jtoro176 - Mar 4, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Wow suppose to be the best right wrong score 81 points in a game or have we forgotten who did that not queen james #kobeforlife

14. unxpexted1 - Mar 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I’m kind of mixed on it (not the 61, love that). I didn’t watch the game, but if it was out of hand then the 61 doesn’t feel the same. BUT, i hate when coaches pull players when they are doing something special too. I hated when Phil pulled Kobe when he had 63 after 3 quarters. Hated scott brooks pulling KD in getting his consecutive 30 game straight. All in all I’m good with leaving him in, when a player is hot let ‘em see what he can do.

• unxpexted1 - Mar 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM

When Kobe had his 81 they were down 20 points at halftime, and up 3 going into the first. Think there is something to be said for HAVING to score and getting those many points. It was more than just a hot streak.

15. beach305 - Mar 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM

The difference between what Kobe did against the 29th rank defense and what Lebron did against the 6 rank defense is night & day.

For one think Kobe said that he went into the game with the mindset of matching Wilt’s record. Lebron mindset was to pass first, until the midway thru the 3rd when he started focusing beating his own personal best.

16. ranfan12 - Mar 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM

This is proof that bobcats aren’t better than the lakers lol

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches