Mar 3, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The good news: Lawson is returning.
Chris Dempsey of The Denver Post:
The bad news: It’s almost certainly too late for this season.
With no viable alternative point guard, the Nuggets went 1-9 in Lawson’s absence, their slim playoff hopes drifting away.
Lawson will help. He’s an All-Star-caliber player, and it’s only a matter of time until he’s recognized with the honor.
Before that, maybe he’ll help the Nuggets win a few extra games this season. Denver will send the lower of its and New York’s first rounders to Orlando, so tanking could help the Nuggets – but not as much as a typical lottery team.
Really, Denver should just enjoy having its whiz-bang point guard back in the lineup and get some momentum going toward next year.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50