Mar 3, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The good news: Lawson is returning.
Chris Dempsey of The Denver Post:
The bad news: It’s almost certainly too late for this season.
With no viable alternative point guard, the Nuggets went 1-9 in Lawson’s absence, their slim playoff hopes drifting away.
Lawson will help. He’s an All-Star-caliber player, and it’s only a matter of time until he’s recognized with the honor.
Before that, maybe he’ll help the Nuggets win a few extra games this season. Denver will send the lower of its and New York’s first rounders to Orlando, so tanking could help the Nuggets – but not as much as a typical lottery team.
Really, Denver should just enjoy having its whiz-bang point guard back in the lineup and get some momentum going toward next year.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12