Mar 3, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The good news: Lawson is returning.
Chris Dempsey of The Denver Post:
The bad news: It’s almost certainly too late for this season.
With no viable alternative point guard, the Nuggets went 1-9 in Lawson’s absence, their slim playoff hopes drifting away.
Lawson will help. He’s an All-Star-caliber player, and it’s only a matter of time until he’s recognized with the honor.
Before that, maybe he’ll help the Nuggets win a few extra games this season. Denver will send the lower of its and New York’s first rounders to Orlando, so tanking could help the Nuggets – but not as much as a typical lottery team.
Really, Denver should just enjoy having its whiz-bang point guard back in the lineup and get some momentum going toward next year.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49