PBT Extra: Chicago looks good while ‘Melo looks frustrated (and at his options)

Mar 3, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT

One game Sunday summed up where two teams are headed, and that is the focus of the latest edition of PBT Extra with myself and Kay Adams.

On one hand you have the Bulls, the current third best team in the East and a team the Heat and Pacers would prefer to avoid come the playoffs because it will be a physical, tough, grinding series. Then we move on to the frustrated Carmelo Anthony and what is next for him — does he stay in New York? Does he take less money to move on to Chicago?  If so, how much less?

Finally we talk the Spurs, who with Tony Parker back looked good Sunday. Does San Antonio have the best starting five in the West?

1. eugenesaxe1 - Mar 3, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I can’t see him leading a team to a title.
    I can’t see him taking a back seat to someone else.
    He may as well stay put and get all the cash he can.

2. cantonbound13 - Mar 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I wouldn’t give Melo a max deal, he only plays offense.

• leahcima1 - Mar 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Enjoying your season Mr. Cantonbound? I certainly hope so.

3. sportsfan18 - Mar 3, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Frustrated?

He looks constipated…

4. chicagosports2014 - Mar 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Looking like he still waiting on the KNICKS to show him the PLAN, lolz

5. nokoolaidcowboy - Mar 4, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Carmelo…frustrated Knicks fan here.

…but even I know you have to run far, run wide! Dolan is still the owner no matter what plan they show you.

6. gmsingh123 - Mar 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM

If the Bulls couldn’t sign Deng I don’t see how the hell they’ll sign Melo.

• cruzan80 - Mar 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Really??? A team who has always struggled to score, who are currently ranked dead last in offense should have no interest in arguably the best scorer in the league….???

• gmsingh123 - Mar 6, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Yes, really. Having a guy that wants to shoot every time down the floor doesn’t seem to fit in any way with the Bulls team effort that they’re showing right now. If they weren’t improving at an incredible rate I’d think differently. The Bulls are already a lock for the playoffs, and that wasn’t even a given at the beginning of the season. Would Melo put them over the top? I doubt it. They still wouldn’t have the supporting cast of a Miami or Pacers. When Rose is healthy, and if they had Melo–possibly. But it’s pure speculation because I haven’t seen anything from the Bulls front office that makes me think that they will pony up the money that Melo is going to want.

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches