Mar 3, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
When Jason Collins became the first openly gay athlete to play in any of the four major North American team sports, he got a nice ovation – in Los Angeles.
Since signing Collins, the Nets have played at the Lakers, Portland Trail Blazers, Denver Nuggets and Milwaukee Bucks.
But tonight, the Nets returned to Brooklyn, giving Collins a chance to make his home season debut.
With Brooklyn up 17 points, Collins received a standing ovation when he checked in with 2:41 remaining.
Then, in true Collins fashion, he committed a foul six seconds later.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 9
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 20
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 23