Mar 2, 2014, 4:11 AM EDT
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more loved by the fans in the history of Philadelphia sports than Allen Iverson.
There were people turned off at first by his style — the cornrows, the tattoos, the guy bringing hip hop into the NBA — but they were won over by his effort, his passion, his love of the game. Iverson led the Sixers to the NBA Finals back in 2001.
Those fans let Iverson know just how much they loved and appreciated him during the jersey retirement Saturday night.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 4
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7