Mar 2, 2014, 4:11 AM EDT
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more loved by the fans in the history of Philadelphia sports than Allen Iverson.
There were people turned off at first by his style — the cornrows, the tattoos, the guy bringing hip hop into the NBA — but they were won over by his effort, his passion, his love of the game. Iverson led the Sixers to the NBA Finals back in 2001.
Those fans let Iverson know just how much they loved and appreciated him during the jersey retirement Saturday night.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49