Mar 2, 2014, 4:11 AM EST
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more loved by the fans in the history of Philadelphia sports than Allen Iverson.
There were people turned off at first by his style — the cornrows, the tattoos, the guy bringing hip hop into the NBA — but they were won over by his effort, his passion, his love of the game. Iverson led the Sixers to the NBA Finals back in 2001.
Those fans let Iverson know just how much they loved and appreciated him during the jersey retirement Saturday night.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10