Mar 2, 2014, 4:11 AM EST
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more loved by the fans in the history of Philadelphia sports than Allen Iverson.
There were people turned off at first by his style — the cornrows, the tattoos, the guy bringing hip hop into the NBA — but they were won over by his effort, his passion, his love of the game. Iverson led the Sixers to the NBA Finals back in 2001.
Those fans let Iverson know just how much they loved and appreciated him during the jersey retirement Saturday night.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 44
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8