Mar 1, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
“DNP — Hotel Elevator.”
It might have been the best line ever on an official scorecard (even better than Gregg Popovich’s legendary sitting of Tim Duncan with “DNP — old”). New Orleans’ guard Tyreke Evans almost missed the start of his team’s game Friday night in Phoenix because he was stuck in a hotel elevator. That buzz had started on twitter with reports from the arena, then coach Monty Williams confirmed the rumor saying Evans was in the elevator still when he spoke to the media more than an hour before the game. Then Evans posted this on Instagram:
Yup. That is stuck.
Eventually he was freed and got to the arena in time to start and score 14 points in the Pelicans loss to the Suns. It’s good that he didn’t miss the game for this, I guess. Still would have loved to see that DNP on the scoresheet.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5