Mar 1, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
“DNP — Hotel Elevator.”
It might have been the best line ever on an official scorecard (even better than Gregg Popovich’s legendary sitting of Tim Duncan with “DNP — old”). New Orleans’ guard Tyreke Evans almost missed the start of his team’s game Friday night in Phoenix because he was stuck in a hotel elevator. That buzz had started on twitter with reports from the arena, then coach Monty Williams confirmed the rumor saying Evans was in the elevator still when he spoke to the media more than an hour before the game. Then Evans posted this on Instagram:
Yup. That is stuck.
Eventually he was freed and got to the arena in time to start and score 14 points in the Pelicans loss to the Suns. It’s good that he didn’t miss the game for this, I guess. Still would have loved to see that DNP on the scoresheet.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30