Mar 1, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
“DNP — Hotel Elevator.”
It might have been the best line ever on an official scorecard (even better than Gregg Popovich’s legendary sitting of Tim Duncan with “DNP — old”). New Orleans’ guard Tyreke Evans almost missed the start of his team’s game Friday night in Phoenix because he was stuck in a hotel elevator. That buzz had started on twitter with reports from the arena, then coach Monty Williams confirmed the rumor saying Evans was in the elevator still when he spoke to the media more than an hour before the game. Then Evans posted this on Instagram:
Yup. That is stuck.
Eventually he was freed and got to the arena in time to start and score 14 points in the Pelicans loss to the Suns. It’s good that he didn’t miss the game for this, I guess. Still would have loved to see that DNP on the scoresheet.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 5
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 16
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 14
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7