Mar 1, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
“DNP — Hotel Elevator.”
It might have been the best line ever on an official scorecard (even better than Gregg Popovich’s legendary sitting of Tim Duncan with “DNP — old”). New Orleans’ guard Tyreke Evans almost missed the start of his team’s game Friday night in Phoenix because he was stuck in a hotel elevator. That buzz had started on twitter with reports from the arena, then coach Monty Williams confirmed the rumor saying Evans was in the elevator still when he spoke to the media more than an hour before the game. Then Evans posted this on Instagram:
Yup. That is stuck.
Eventually he was freed and got to the arena in time to start and score 14 points in the Pelicans loss to the Suns. It’s good that he didn’t miss the game for this, I guess. Still would have loved to see that DNP on the scoresheet.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60