Mar 1, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
We told you a couple days ago this was likely coming. Apparently it is now all but official.
Fredette spent three seasons with the Kings but never found a steady role there. Sacramento tried to trade him at the deadline but couldn’t even secure a second round pick for his services. So the two sides negotiated a buyout.
Because he was waived before March 1 he is eligible to join the Bulls playoff roster.
Chicago could use the scoring, which is why they want him. Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his catch-and-shoot attempts. Fredette is not as good when he has to create his own shot. It will be interesting to see how much run he gets come the playoffs as he is a defensive liability and this is Tom Thibodeau’s team we’re talking about. They certainly have the players and system to absorb a weak defender just for scoring purposes, but how many minutes he get will be interesting to see.
Looks like we will see it starting next week.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40