Mar 1, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
We told you a couple days ago this was likely coming. Apparently it is now all but official.
Fredette spent three seasons with the Kings but never found a steady role there. Sacramento tried to trade him at the deadline but couldn’t even secure a second round pick for his services. So the two sides negotiated a buyout.
Because he was waived before March 1 he is eligible to join the Bulls playoff roster.
Chicago could use the scoring, which is why they want him. Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his catch-and-shoot attempts. Fredette is not as good when he has to create his own shot. It will be interesting to see how much run he gets come the playoffs as he is a defensive liability and this is Tom Thibodeau’s team we’re talking about. They certainly have the players and system to absorb a weak defender just for scoring purposes, but how many minutes he get will be interesting to see.
Looks like we will see it starting next week.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 0
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5