Mar 1, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
We told you a couple days ago this was likely coming. Apparently it is now all but official.
Fredette spent three seasons with the Kings but never found a steady role there. Sacramento tried to trade him at the deadline but couldn’t even secure a second round pick for his services. So the two sides negotiated a buyout.
Because he was waived before March 1 he is eligible to join the Bulls playoff roster.
Chicago could use the scoring, which is why they want him. Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his catch-and-shoot attempts. Fredette is not as good when he has to create his own shot. It will be interesting to see how much run he gets come the playoffs as he is a defensive liability and this is Tom Thibodeau’s team we’re talking about. They certainly have the players and system to absorb a weak defender just for scoring purposes, but how many minutes he get will be interesting to see.
Looks like we will see it starting next week.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 7
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 19
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13