Mar 1, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
We told you a couple days ago this was likely coming. Apparently it is now all but official.
Fredette spent three seasons with the Kings but never found a steady role there. Sacramento tried to trade him at the deadline but couldn’t even secure a second round pick for his services. So the two sides negotiated a buyout.
Because he was waived before March 1 he is eligible to join the Bulls playoff roster.
Chicago could use the scoring, which is why they want him. Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his catch-and-shoot attempts. Fredette is not as good when he has to create his own shot. It will be interesting to see how much run he gets come the playoffs as he is a defensive liability and this is Tom Thibodeau’s team we’re talking about. They certainly have the players and system to absorb a weak defender just for scoring purposes, but how many minutes he get will be interesting to see.
Looks like we will see it starting next week.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17