PBT Podcast: Your twitter questions get us talking Clippers’ moves, Knicks’ future

Mar 1, 2014, 12:30 PM EST

Houston Rockets v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

We’re back with the latest PBT Podcast and today you set the topics — myself and  Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss your twitter questions.

First up we discuss the Clippers moves at the buyout deadline — I think getting Glen Davis is huge, Danny Granger on the other hand is not better than Jared Dudley (this season Dudley has shot better at every spot on the court) and neither are strong defenders.

After that we talk about the future of the Knicks and how moving the big contracts of Amar’e Stoudemire, Andrea Bargnani and Tyson Chandler is not that easy. Then the conversation moves on to what Rudy Gay will do in Sacramento.

Finally, we discuss your question of who would win a fight between Barack Obama and Jimmy Fallon.

As always, you can listen by hitting play below or  you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.

1. jimsjam33 - Mar 1, 2014 at 12:59 PM

You are right .When the Clippers traded away non-used big men , Mullins and Jamison , they took a huge step forward . Doc Rivers knew what he needed to complete his team . Big Baby Davis was a GIANT step forward for the Clips . He is a solid 6’9″ power forward the Clippers were missing in reserve. That move now allows Jordan and Griffin to alternate at center . Hedo Turgelou is developing into an outstanding stretch four big man . Other teams have to respect his outside shot thereby opening the lanes for low post passes . It’s working .
    Danny Granger brings a psychological edge to the Clippers . Statistics don’t always reveal answers . Granger for Dudley or Barnes is a huge move if Granger has new energy for his new team and previous injuries don’t hamper him . . You must admit that playing for all the stars on the Clipper team and a proven coach in Doc Rivers tends to excite new players in Los Angeles .
    I think the Clippers are now ready for a championship run as I am convinced that they have the most solid bench in the NBA . Their first team can compete with anyone . So it comes down to weather or not Doc Rivers and his coaching assistants can out wit their opponents . I think they will .

2. freeworld - Mar 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM

melo to the rockets asik and lin…..sign and trade

• Kurt Helin - Mar 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM

No way the Rockets do that. They don’t want ‘Melo.

3. jerdogthompson - Mar 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Kurt, correct me if I’m wrong but can’t DG play the 2, 3 or 4? Plus, until we see him play meaningful minutes how can you say he’s not a better defender than duds? Last I checked Indiana is a great defensive team and coming from that system leads me to believe DG is at least an above average defender.

Like I said before, I think the DG signing allows Doc the option of letting him start and putting Barnes back in the 2nd unit and bolstering that group. Perhaps even allowing DC & CP3 to play together (which I felt was key to the Houston win) and DG to the three with BG & DJ the 4&5 or even baby at the 4 and BG at 5.

I see absolutely nothing bad about this signing, is it the move that puts us over the top? Probably not, does it speak measures as to the players perception of the Clippers and how it’s a very desirable destination for a chance to win a title. I would have to say yes.

#InDocwetrust

• Kurt Helin - Mar 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM

I watch the Pacers play is how I know about Granger. Indy thought they would be better with Evan Turner than DG as a sixth man, does that suggest he is playing really well to you?

• jimsjam33 - Mar 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Granger is 6’9″ and can play the 3 or 4 . He’s only played in 29 games this year because of a nagging injury to his calf . He says he’s well now and rearing to go . Why was he booted out of Indiana ? Pretty identical situation as Bledsoe last year . Just nowhere for him to play on the Pacers squad this year . Stephenson and George are playing at All-Star levels and Granger is making too much money to sit on the bench .

• davidly - Mar 2, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Granger can absolutely play defense. Indy saw their league-leading point differential and rolled the dice for someone who they thought could score more. My opinion: sometimes he will, sometimes he won’t, and we won’t know if the wider hole in defense makes this trade a net positive or negative until the ECF.

Can Rockets, Grizzlies keep up hot starts?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches